free hit
counters
AiM Digital Dash - Owner Feedback & Tips - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
alias23

AiM Digital Dash - Owner Feedback & Tips

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

- Ability to change rev limit from 9K to 8K

- Tell tale light for Cruise Control (use space from second "dipped lights on")

- Real time view of sensor information on dash

- Airbag delete light setting option (Ok on Cup cars)

- Option for Carbon Binnacle

- Why two lights for "dipped lights on" only one needed

- All warning lights are visible in grey - would be better blacked out until illuminated

- Screen seen flickering at times. (Race button flickering, RPM display flickering and showing false information, letters flickering)

- Remove numeric rpm from analogue display - it is distracting

• Thanks 1

- Ability to change rev limit from 9K to 8K (or to 7.5K, to make even better usage of the screen width)

- Option for Alcantara Binnacle (with same Alcantara as 410/430 vent surrounds which are just next to the binnacle, without stitch, or with option to choose stitch color to mimic each car's configuration)

- All warning lights are visible in grey - would be better blacked out until illuminated

- Screen seen flickering at times. (Race button flickering, RPM display flickering and showing false information, letters flickering)

- Ability to change rev limit from 9K to 8K (or to 7.5K, to make even better usage of the screen width)

- Option for Alcantara Binnacle (with same Alcantara as 410/430 vent surrounds which are just next to the binnacle, without stitch, or with option to choose stitch color to mimic each car's configuration)

- Exhaust flap status - although not essential, the additional noise is a bit of a give away!

- A red theme - possibly instead of the purple/pink, I haven't seen many cars where that combo would be an obvious choice.

So I managed to get the car out today and go for a proper drive. The gear calculator now setup. However I am feeling that the displayed speed on the dash is actually higher than reality. 

Anyone with a dash also having this thought? Specifically on the motorway the speed its showing is a hella lot higher than the speed I know I'm doing as I follow other cars doing around 70.

www.alias23.com

17 minutes ago, alias23 said:

So I managed to get the car out today and go for a proper drive. The gear calculator now setup. However I am feeling that the displayed speed on the dash is actually higher than reality. 

Anyone with a dash also having this thought? Specifically on the motorway the speed its showing is a hella lot higher than the speed I know I'm doing as I follow other cars doing around 70.

which will result in a calculated higher mileage too probably....

Can you put the gear ratios in directly?

I've compared the dash speed to Waze and they were spot on.  Do we know whether the speed comes from the car, or the GPS module?  If it's the GPS maybe it just wasn't seeing enough satellites?

1 hour ago, KennyN said:

Do we know whether the speed comes from the car, or the GPS module?  If it's the GPS maybe it just wasn't seeing enough satellites?

Depends on the settings applied by the customer

• Like 1

Exhaust flap status message would be useful too.

One of the first things I noticed was that speed seemed higher than I would expect. In one of my photos posted in the other thread it showed me doing 64mph in 2nd gear, with some revs left to go...I don't think this is possible, but would need to check again.

I've not changed any settings out the box with RaceStudio, so that's whatever speed signal it gathers as standard (I assume ECU)

Edited by Arun_D

12 hours ago, Seriouslylotus said:

Depends on the settings applied by the customer

Per law speed indicator has to come from the car and not GPS. This would come from the OBD (CANbus) signal.

Which actually leads to an interesting question. The OBD speed is stored as an 8 bit number, i.e. goes from 0 to 255 Kph (its always metric, cnversion is in the display). So what happens if the car is goind faster than that? The GARW just goes restarts at 0 (so 260Kphh is shown as 4 Kph). What does the AIM display show? Has anyone tested this already?

If you have the choice between a Stairway to Heaven and a Highway to Hell don't forget the Nomex®!

Captain,  Lotus Airways. We fly lower! 

1 hour ago, Capt'ain Flam said:

News from AIM regarding the future update ?

I am waiting to order a MX2E 🙃

Thanks

I met with AiM today, they've taken a good bulk of the recommendations and prioritised those which make sense for the majority eg cruise control etc... Looks like they'll be working fast to get an update out soon :)

• Like 2

www.alias23.com

57 minutes ago, alias23 said:

I met with AiM today, they've taken a good bulk of the recommendations and prioritised those which make sense for the majority eg cruise control etc... Looks like they'll be working fast to get an update out soon :)

Got to say, I was hugely impressed with them when popped into Autosport show yesterday.  Totally sold it to me.  How's the alcantara testing going Imran?

12 minutes ago, GuyT said:

Got to say, I was hugely impressed with them when popped into Autosport show yesterday.  Totally sold it to me.  How's the alcantara testing going Imran?

Its going in on the 28th Jan ;)

• Like 2

www.alias23.com

Just now, alias23 said:

Its going in on the 28th Jan ;)

Cool, need time to save up following mirrors and c/f scoop purchase 😂

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, alias23 said:

Great !!
Thanks Imran 

And following on...

Ability to change rev limit from 9K to 8K (or to 7.5K, to make even better usage of the screen width)

- Exhaust flap status - although not essential, the additional noise is a bit of a give away!

- A red theme - possibly instead of the purple/pink, I haven't seen many cars where that combo would be an obvious choice.

-A Green Theme for the displays. The white and pink schemes are a bit “meh” Even better a user selectable colour scheme.

-Too much black and wasted space on the displays.

- On the digital RPM page the actual bars relating to RPMs should be thicker or continuous as per AIM’s other models. (GARW has a better RPM scale)

- Engine Oil Pressure should be “selectable” I’d displayed or not. Lots of room on digital display.

- Engine Oil  Temperature should be “selectable” if displayed or not. Lots of room on digital display.

- Gearbox Oil Temperature should be “selectable” if displayed or not. Lots of room on digital display.

- Lambda value should be “selectable” if displayed or not. Lots of room on digital display.

- Prefer a larger “Indicated Speed Value” than “current gear” on non race screens.

Hope this isn’t too late.

cheers

Mark

• Like 1

Ability to change rev limit from 9K to 8K (or to 7.5K, to make even better usage of the screen width)

- A red theme - possibly instead of the purple/pink, I haven't seen many cars where that combo would be an obvious choice.

-A Green Theme for the displays. The white and pink schemes are a bit “meh” Even better a user selectable colour scheme.

-Too much black and wasted space on the displays.

- On the digital RPM page the actual bars relating to RPMs should be thicker or continuous as per AIM’s other models. (GARW has a better RPM scale)

- Engine Oil Pressure should be “selectable” I’d displayed or not. Lots of room on digital display.

- Engine Oil  Temperature should be “selectable” if displayed or not. Lots of room on digital display.

- Gearbox Oil Temperature should be “selectable” if displayed or not. Lots of room on digital display.

- Lambda value should be “selectable” if displayed or not. Lots of room on digital display.

- Prefer a larger “Indicated Speed Value” than “current gear” on non race screens.

- Remote button option ( makes covering binnacle easier and more OEM ) 

Specific for Auto 

- "Gear" alarm ( for TCU ) 

-  Beep or alarm for "you cant do that stupid"

• Like 1

Is there a fix for the heater controls no longer being illuminated after fitting the dash, or is it just me?  I've checked the fuses and anything else that looks like I could have disturbed during fitting, but it all looks fine.