free hit
counters
Help please, what am I doing wrong? - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Spinney

Help please, what am I doing wrong?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Be fair, I did use 3/4 of a tank today! 😁

I think today was the first time I’ve used the car for a couple of hundred miles and not had a problem, so keeping fingers crossed!🤞

Wat 45 liters in 200 miles so 20 miles per gallon you were just enjoying yourself, I cannot see anything wrong there

Struggle to get mine to ever do over 24.7mpg - seems about the best I can do locally. Mix in some hooning and it drops even more - in fact there is a direct correlation between the fun and just how low the mpg goes

• Like 1

Only here once

12 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Struggle to get mine to ever do over 24.7mpg - seems about the best I can do locally. Mix in some hooning and it drops even more - in fact there is a direct correlation between the fun and just how low the mpg goes

You always gotta pay for your pleasure  

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Spinney said:

I haven't used my Evora for a while, due to holidays and other things getting in the way but decided to take it to Brooklands today for the annual NY Day meeting. I had a brilliant run there and after leaving, went the (very) long way home and had a bloody riot of a time, driving on some lovely, near empty roads, a bit of hooning out of sharp bends, several long sweeping bends and a bit of bouncing off the limiter, used nearly 3/4 of a tank - bloody great!  Now here's the thing, absolutely nothing went wrong, no unusual dash lights, no going into limp mode - it all just worked exactly as it should and I fell in love with the car all over again.

Am I doing it wrong? :P

Over here: The sixth year (2018) of ownership was the first one with the Evora when NO engine light had come on...;-) ........so your car already behaves well I would say...... 

7 hours ago, Peegee355 said:

You always gotta pay for your pleasure  

Can we keep this to cars only😜

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

On a not unrelated point, and I'm not really sure this is something to be pleased about, but I had an average of 30.3 mpg in my S, on my Xmas Eve drive home from Reading to Essex, with Sport mode on all the way!

100 traffic free miles: M4, M25, A127, I didn't use cruise control and had the radio on but not the AC/heating.

Soon ruined that when I go there though as my brother hadn't seen the car...…...

• Haha 1