free hit
counters
Driving “Experiences” in France - Motorsport & Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Driving “Experiences” in France

Happy New Year to all,

I’m hoping the collective wisdom and experience of this group can assist me in making a decision. I’ll be travelling in France with my wife this coming Fall and would like to participate in a Track Experience during our vacation. We’ll be mostly in and around Provence and then south towards Nice (and Monaco, of course). I don’t want to drive an F1 car as I don’t think I’d do it justice and I don’t want to spend that amount of money either. I’ve found the Lotus School at the Sambuc circuit interesting and may pursue that option. I’m not sure how similar it is the the school at Hethel or if it simply a branding situation. I have an ‘08 Elise and have been doing HPDE days for the last three seasons and am a solid “B” level driver so I”d like something that is not too introductory in nature. I’ve driven Lotus Cup cars, Radical SR3, Porsche GT3 RS and enjoyed them all and would like an experience that focuses on the driving part of the equation. I’m looking for feedback about the Lotus school in France or any suggestions you may have for a positive track experience in France. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Gkart

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thanks so much Geartox, That is pretty comprehensive and exactly what I was hoping for. The local knowledge will help me figure things out. I’ll look into things from here and finalize my plans.

Hi. With the French LDA you can choose private coaching on your car, or get a private coaching on a car from the academy (Elise Cup, Exige Cup R, Cayman GT4...). The coachs are very good and "p

Hi and welcome Grant - I'm sure @geartox may be able to help...

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Thanks Bibs,

I’ll reach out to @geartox. If anybody else has a suggestion or wants to share an opinion it would be greatly appreciated. 

Hi.

With the French LDA you can choose private coaching on your car, or get a private coaching on a car from the academy (Elise Cup, Exige Cup R, Cayman GT4...).
The coachs are very good and "pedagogical". If you need to refresh basics , no problem.
The coach will adapt to your level.
For the service, I can say that the price is "unbeatable". If you compare to the Porsche Academy at Lemans on the Bugatti track the price is at another level (of course you can't compare the Bugatti with the Sambuc 😂).

If you want to understand you car on track, get interesting feedback from good coach, share this experience with your wife and for a competitive price for sure I can recommend it.

BUT The Sambuc is a "small track", a lap is done in 1 minute. Also It's not the most secured track in the world.

So if you are an experimented driver and you want to reach your limit I will not recommend this track.  For that go to Paul Ricard and enjoy (the price just for the registration will be more than the whole service at Sambuc, but again like for the Bugatti you can't compare).

You can contact http://www.racetrack-days.com/ for the registration ( I can recommend the organiser) and they propose some cars to loan. But I don't know if they work with pro coachs.

I can recommend you the 111racing team http://www.111racingteam.fr/ , contact Fabrice on my behalf. With them, you can loan one of their lotus cars and get coached. They can go  easily to "Le Luc" or "Ledenon" (ledenon is an absolute crazy track so damn good !).

You can also register to a Tinseau Test Day and loan a car. Tinseau is the most popular trackday organiser in France (and one of the most popular french driver - and a very nice guy) :

http://www.tinseau.com/index.php/sport-auto

If you want to be coached by a pro driver with good cars anywhere in France you can contact Dimitri (again on my behalf 😄http://www.dimteam-pilotage-automobile.com/#n04

http://www.dimteam-pilotage-automobile.com/assets/Journées Coaching DTR 2019.pdf

If you need more contacts of pro coachs for Lemans, Dijon, Magny Cours  or even ice driving send me a PM.

Enjoy and share with us your experience 😃

• Like 1

Thanks so much Geartox,

That is pretty comprehensive and exactly what I was hoping for. The local knowledge will help me figure things out. I’ll look into things from here and finalize my plans. I appreciate the offer to reach out to you and may take you up on that as I get things organized. I will, of course, share my experience and opinions once we’ve completed our trip to France.

Regards,

Gkart

• Like 2