free hit
counters
Hi from Bournemouth - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bulletmagnet

Hi from Bournemouth

Hi all,

I’ve been a an S1 Elise owner for 7 years and was fairly active on SELOC.

But then as I did research on buying an Evora, I found TLF and discovered it had soooo much more Evora content. I found out a lot from here in the last year and finally bought an Evora S Sports Racer. Thanks for all the info on here...I have been lurking and reading a lot. It has been very much appreciated.

I was watching SOUP classic motoring on YouTube where he is restoring an S1 Esprit. Met Bibs on there in an interview and that’s how I discovered TLF.

Anyways, I have a flat battery and need some help, please see my separate post in the Evora section. I know this is a crappy way to introduce myself (when I need help)...sorry about that, but like I said, I’ve always been a bit of a lurker, it took me 9 years on SELOC to rack up 289 posts!

All the best to everyone for 2020

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Good news (Elise), good news (Evora), good news (Bournemouth), bad news (battery). 

I hope you enjoy your Evora as much as I do.

Justin

Hi Justin, thx for your link on my other post.

Are you a southern shandy drinker too? You sound like you know Bournemouth....

Edited by Bulletmagnet

I’m in Poole and have an Evora too (white 400 16 plate). What colour is your sport racer? Will keep an eye out for you!

(side note - I locked my keys in the boot of my old sports racer when I was 150 miles away from home and the spare key.. boot release cable didn’t work for me either so had to do the 300 miles round trip to get the spare!..)

Edited by 62dave
Typo

Lee

I grew up in Poole but now in Surrey. Southern all the way, Babycham more like.

Good luck with your battery issue. Don't let it put you off, I am sure it won't. 

Justin

23 minutes ago, 62dave said:

I’m in Poole and have an Evora too (white 400 16 plate). What colour is your sport racer? Will keep an eye out for you!

(side note - I locked my keys in the boot of my old sports racer when I was 150 miles away from home and the spare key.. boot release cable didn’t work for me either so had to do the 300 miles round trip to get the spare!..)

Hi Dave,

I think I spotted you going up Haven Road past the Harbour Heights Hotel last Saturday. Car looked great, everyone in the car with me said at the same time “Ooh look an Evora!”..I was heading for the ferry in my Smax (so you probably wouldn’t have noticed that lol, hangs head in shame)

My Evora is Solar Yellow, it’s a bit hard to miss...

13 minutes ago, jep said:

Lee

I grew up in Poole but now in Surrey. Southern all the way, Babycham more like.

Good luck with your battery issue. Don't let it put you off, I am sure it won't. 

Justin

Cheers Justin,

You’ve just reminded me of the old Fosters advert...lol

Nope won’t put me off, loving the car, as a hardened Lotus owner you learn to deal with these problems and then marvel at how awesome the car is WHEN it actually runs! Lol

Edited by Bulletmagnet

This thread is quickly going off-topic.

Justin

Ah yes that was me! I feel your pain driving around in the S max. I often drive my wife’s Vw Troc.. takes me a while to acclimatise to driving something anonymous!

I love Solar Yellow - especially with the sports racer black pack. Will keep an eye out!

5 minutes ago, 62dave said:

Ah yes that was me! I feel your pain driving around in the S max. I often drive my wife’s Vw Troc.. takes me a while to acclimatise to driving something anonymous!

I love Solar Yellow - especially with the sports racer black pack. Will keep an eye out!

Yep Evoras definitely aren’t anonymous...likewise, cya around!

7 minutes ago, jep said:

This thread is quickly going off-topic.

Justin

Getting my babycham and my Snowballs mixed up!

• Like 1

Welcome to TLF. New Forest based Evora owner here.

38 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Welcome to TLF. New Forest based Evora owner here.

Hi Jonny,

I used to live in Hythe, know the forest well.

Cya around...

@DaveC72 proud owner of a very lovely, very orange 400 also from that neck of the woods. I feel a Hants/Dorset Evora meet coming on!

12 hours ago, The Pits said:

@DaveC72 proud owner of a very lovely, very orange 400 also from that neck of the woods. I feel a Hants/Dorset Evora meet coming on!

Is that in addition to the GT430 in your car list? Great selection of cars by the way...some very special motors😀👍🏼

Yes, completely lost control of the garage in recent years. Need to embark on some overdue streamlining in 2020 alas. Evora will be staying though, most likely for good.

4 minutes ago, The Pits said:

, completely lost control of the garage in recent years. Need to embark on some overdue streamlining in 2020 alas. Evora will be staying though, most likely for good.

Cold Turkey?

Justin 

Sorry if the above has caused any confusion! DaveC72 is another TLF member who lives near Hythe and owns the orange Evora!

• Confused 1

‘Ang on ‘ang on!😀

Dave said he was in Poole with a white 400...So there’s another Dave in Hythe with an orange 400?!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, The Pits said:

Sorry if the above has caused any confusion! DaveC72 is another TLF member who lives near Hythe and owns the orange Evora!

No, it’s me not reading the 2 Dave’s member names properly.👍🏼
So we’ve got 4 Evoras in some very interesting model/colour combos around the NewForest.

Well I can think of several good pubs between us distance wise for a meet-up and cruise between us...The Alice Lisle in Rockford? The Sir Walter Tyrell at Rufus Stone? The White Hart at Cadnam? Nice esses at Cadnam! Almost as nice as the Shell S at Beaulieu Rd Station😀👍🏼

• Like 1

@DaveC72

Welcome to TLF Lee, please feel free to pop up some pics of the car mate :thumbsup:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

welcome.........:welcome:

and we're definitely suckers for a good car pic......:thumbsup:

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

4 hours ago, Bibs said:

@DaveC72

Welcome to TLF Lee, please feel free to pop up some pics of the car mate :thumbsup:

Okay, here’s a few I took out on the old WW2 runway at Stoney Cross in the New Forest...

D599AF6E-8DA1-49B6-88AE-F3A1823942D3.thumb.jpeg.e163f42dfd77298768743fafc9b8fe2f.jpeg6BE05940-BFF2-411F-B29A-D2367A5B456A.thumb.jpeg.12a043a208e4d5501de8c2cb2ecce4ab.jpeg6DDDF91F-9091-4AEE-85EE-FBD93552B0AC.thumb.jpeg.9d9b902680bb867be62f24daff14aa4d.jpeg

• Like 2

I'm sure that's where we did some of the SR photoshoot in this Long Term Review...

https://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/long-term-tests/lotus-evora-s-ips-sports-racer-its-easy-to-forget/

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

1 hour ago, Bibs said:

I'm sure that's where we did some of the SR photoshoot in this Long Term Review...

https://www.thelotusforums.com/latest-news/long-term-tests/lotus-evora-s-ips-sports-racer-its-easy-to-forget/

Could be, it looks similar....or you might have been at Beaulieu Aerodrome🤔 

I learnt to drive there in an A reg Mini Metro!😀

Welcome to TLF Lee. :welcome:

Loking forward to some photos as well.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.