free hit
counters
Alpine INE-W990BT rear camera connections - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Alpine INE-W990BT rear camera connections

Hi, I have fitted a rear camera and rooted the video cable though to the dash, but am now stuck to find the appropriate video input/gnd pins on the head unit. Please can anyone list or advise a link to the pin-outs for the Alpine INE-W990BT  20 pin white AV connector, in particular the video input pin?  I have sourced a mating 20 pin connector/harness but pin-outs do not appear to be the same across different makes/models. Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

One Alpine multi connect will have a yellow rca input to connect to your camera.

A seperate Alpine multiconnect will have a trigger wire to connect to the reverse lamp or switch. I think on the Alpine it is orange/white. This needs to be connected for the HU to displat the camera image when reverse is selected.

The connector/cableform  I have is a generic type from ebay, but I don't think the phono plugs connect to the correct pins used by the Alpine unit. I'll try a process of elimination next weekend to find the video input, but if I have no luck I shall purchase a proper Alpine lead and go for its yellow phono and trigger as you advise,  thanks

• 9 months later...