free hit
counters
Evora exhaust note: S vs 400 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Lupoletto

Evora exhaust note: S vs 400

Hi!

I have an Evora S with fan-type exhaust pipe, sport-kat and sport muffler. It sounds great but the exhaust note of the 400 is still another league. What is the difference to the Evora S that makes the 400 sound so much better?

Thanks,

Lupoletto

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I seem to remember that the rest of the pipework on the 400 is a slightly larger diameter which accounts for the extra noise. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

If I recall the S is 70mm pipe diameters, but the 4XX cars are 76mm diameters, so you need to ensure you don't mix the two pipes up when swapping manifolds, decats, exhausts etc.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

Yes the 400s have 76mm pipework

I've got a 2bular non-valved lightweight system on my S and it sounds simply epic and it has 100mm carbon tips too!  Its loud, I don't think it will get in to any track days!

• Like 1