free hit
counters
Leven Car company goes into administration - Page 5 - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
twinrotor2

Leven Car company goes into administration

I think this would be excellent news. Especially as Hamilton is only 15 mins drive from my house! :)

Just need to find a spare £250,000 for my Evija deposit.😏

• Haha 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Any idea if Parks have taken on the technicians from Leven or are they cross training their own?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

On 28/02/2020 at 12:18, Toeside said:

Yup me too! 

I wonder if they managed to employ some of the the staff from Leven? That's a very rapid mobilisation! 👍

Yes I had queried that fact. Transfer of servicing timescales to Parks seems very short its meant to be at the end of this week?

• Like 1

5 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Any idea if Parks have taken on the technicians from Leven or are they cross training their own?

Ian has moved on and starting up on his own in April. I think anyone else that worked with Lotus at Leven worked between the franchises so may have been retained......but can’t be sure. Looks like Parks will be starting from scratch with support from Lotus and Hethel reading between the lines.

5 hours ago, Toeside said:

Yes I had queried that fact. Transfer of servicing timescales to Parks seems very short its meant to be at the end of this week?

Reading what Graeme Robertson has stated on FB - it sounds to me as if Lotus are sending a team up to train up Park’s people and no doubt support at the same time with “the Lotus knowledge”👍👏🏻

646E0438-C7D4-4DF9-8D70-012907EB6FEC.jpeg

• Like 2

Looks as though warranty work won’t be that simple after all

spacer.png

Edited by TerryCTR
  • Sad 2

That's disappointing. I have the recall issue to attend to but I also have a passenger door that decides when and when it won't close so I want to get both done together. Still a chaotic situation.

Good news was that I had my Leven car servicing plan payments refunded!

6 hours ago, TerryCTR said:

Looks as though warranty work won’t be that simple after all

spacer.png

Looking for a head banging against a door GIF. 

Lotus need to provide some sort of update, even a holding statement. Their bad communication on this has been piss poor. 

Playing devils advocate, and I appreciate how frustrating this is, they aren't obliged to maintain a dealer in certain geographical locations. Yes, they should and it would be ace for them to get another company fully up to speed ASAP, but they are working hard on a solution. I'll call them in the morning for an update and see if there is any further news for you however. 

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Bibs can you ask about the northeast  of England  will your at it, even for me it's a 2hr drive to Leeds,  we've been without a  dealer in Newcastle for 3 yrs

• Like 1

The silence and lack of updates is piss poor. No excuses. Not everyone does Facebook so not everyone knows (me included) about those updates.

I understand what happened with Leven is not Lotus' fault but in this day and age, brand and communication is key and to be honest there is sweet FA. My car needs a 2nd Service in April. Carlisle dealer is a 320 mile ish round trip and the feedback is piss poor. Next nearest would be Leeds ( about a 600 mile round trip or Oakmere ( 600 mile round trip ).

Or I could just go 20 miles away and bite my tongue off and buy a 911GTS.

They could of course speak to CMC in Edinburgh, who services 60%+ of current Loti in Scotland and knows more about the cars than anyone else and do a deal, even temporary, to make him an authorised service centre surely?

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

I agree about the CMC option but I have heard it will never happen. The way Lotus dealt with Grange was very poor (albeit it’s hearsay). The deal had been done but there were changes to the deal and grange walked away. 
For me Carlisle isn’t even an option now. I understand they have no tech staff and are unable to service cars, although this may have been rectified. I was considering a new lotus this year, but like others I have been left bewildered by the brand and their direction. Lotus comms have been non existent and have failed to show any signs of willing to help loyal customers in Scotland. Murray and Leven sold a lot of cars over the years and the brand has a strong following here, which has been completely overlooked by Lotus. 

I was confident on the Parks deal, but that has been an absolute car crash and rather embarrassing. I am trying to keep an open mind but it’s not looking good. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Or I could just go 20 miles away and bite my tongue off and buy a 911GTS.

What colour you going for?

Only here once

35 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

It would be Lava Orange with the slate grey leather interior!

iris?COSY-EU-100-17116bXqc6eP3Hi1qwT9HcnyInrHKxJTTPE3kUWFYRpwY4EJMN4iko69AFcLwLQjLAYn47uPi60JemN%25nBNHcAzr7C8AeEGewirQ9EcVN9yF94w3e4x7zq0JF%25mNciVsXbO0LVbmaDU3OzqRUTJJ8CuLmuGdl76DrYFmOca1rYIgI7lP4iko6v00oHHpjsZAOfIu74OeP3zt5FnSCT8RZWvgmKfPRGUODB0ntQRcUws4bx%25Odel2JAso

At least I could get the ting serviced in Scotland!

• Like 1

Just await Scottish independence- that’ll screw it up even worse

• Confused 1

Only here once

49 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Just await Scottish independence- that’ll screw it up even worse

That'll never happen. The SNP will explode and erupt in the summer. They are only there because the other parties are so naff.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

On 07/03/2020 at 16:15, Barrykearley said:

The service and support from OPC's can be 'patchy' believe me! Again go on reputation and referral but generally I haven't felt much more supported by the Porsche brand than Lotus. Sorry!  

• Like 1

I noticed the Lotus website has been updated to remove Leven. Any news on whether Parks is coming on board?

Got my Elise recall done at Park's Honda in Aberdeen today, not sure how many Elise's are in North East Scotland but the manager said I was the second one he has done so far.

Slightly off topic ...... roughly how long did the work take?

3 hours ago, twinrotor2 said:

Got my Elise recall done at Park's Honda in Aberdeen today, not sure how many Elise's are in North East Scotland but the manager said I was the second one he has done so far.

They said it would take 2 hours as the bolt locking compound had to cure. I dropped the car off yesterday and picked it up this morning so not sure on the time .

• Like 1