free hit
counters
Leven Car company goes into administration - Page 6 - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Leven Car company goes into administration

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I've waited a while before posting as wanted to be sure everything was sorted. In April 2019 when my car was being serviced I purchased the Leven Car Service scheme to cover me for the next three

Just spoke to them - Lotus is part of the Rolls Royce/Aston deal

Looks good from the front as well

Posted Images

On 07/03/2020 at 16:51, C8RKH said:

It would be Lava Orange with the slate grey leather interior!

iris?COSY-EU-100-17116bXqc6eP3Hi1qwT9HcnyInrHKxJTTPE3kUWFYRpwY4EJMN4iko69AFcLwLQjLAYn47uPi60JemN%25nBNHcAzr7C8AeEGewirQ9EcVN9yF94w3e4x7zq0JF%25mNciVsXbO0LVbmaDU3OzqRUTJJ8CuLmuGdl76DrYFmOca1rYIgI7lP4iko6v00oHHpjsZAOfIu74OeP3zt5FnSCT8RZWvgmKfPRGUODB0ntQRcUws4bx%25Odel2JAso

Now you could just buy a McLaren.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

I've looked at two 570s Andrew. But they would need a sports exhaust. My god they are quick! 👍

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

They're listed on the ads for the new service pricing, but I'm sure you can understand things might be delayed at present.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• 2 months later...

Any update at all on a solution for Scotland? Totally understand the delay given the circumstances, but this seems to have gone completely silent. 

Parks service centre appear open byt no sign of Lotus on their Franchises. Hayton in Carlise have never contacted me regarding the warranty work that was booked in April  so they are running true to form ;)

10 hours ago, Edinburgh 111s said:

Totally understand the delay given the circumstances,

You've pretty much answered your own question there mate. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

25 minutes ago, Bibs said:

You've pretty much answered your own question there mate. 

Perhaps I have... but the issue of no dealer and promises about big announcements were made long before lockdown. 

it’s just very frustrating to have no dealer and the closest being over 200 miles away. Last I heard Hayton’s technician had left and they couldn’t handle any service work, although this situation may have been resolved. 

I messaged Graeme Robertson on Facebook but he couldn’t provide a firm update. We live in hope

Just read that there will be confirmation at the end of June of Parks Hamilton for a service centre and Dealership at Parks  in Ayr. 

• Like 1

Great to hear Parks are still going ahead but why the hell are they putting it in Ayr??! Surely Edinburgh or Glasgow would have made a whole lot more sense🤦🏻‍♂️

Edited by Bibs
  • Gold FFM

Ayr!  FFS. Really?

Well I'm sorry but that'll be the death of Lotus in Scotland. Ok if you live in Glasgow and surrounding area but for everyone else then you're fcuked.

Total disaster but hey ho.

Anyone who lives in the East will not want to drive through to Ayr. Minimum two hours each way, through Glasgow for me, from Aberdeen it will be nearer 4.  There'll be little incentive to buy your Lotus in Scotland.

Hamilton OK for servicing so that's something.

Ayr. FFS. Really. I just cannot see the logic at all. I mean, it's a run down seaside town full of old grannies and wot not. Might as well as put it in Oban. At least the drive there would be spectacular.

FFS 

Sorry. Just gobsmacked. Even pished, blindfolded, sticking a pin in a map I bet I'd have chosen a better location.

Ayr!........     

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

In total agreement. What is the business model for that an why did Lotus say that would be a great location for selling the brand. Words fail me 😕

Hayton Carlisle still not reopened 🤔 However I got through to their Penrith dealership Branch and they can do the Fuel rack warranty job if any one is looking to get it carried out as I am. 

• Like 1

I have sent a letter of disgust to Lotus customer services enquiring about both Carlisle and Ayr dealerships 

I agree with others. A dealership in Ayr would absolutely kill the brand in Scotland. Ayr is so far remote even for me in Edinburgh. I feel sorry for the folks in Aberdeen and even further north. It has to be in the central belt for it to work. If this is indeed the case I think it will be the last straw for a few owners, who’s loyalty has really been tested of late with the slow response to deal with this problem (COVID aside but this has been an issue long before COVID)

thankfully we have Craig Moncrief in Edinburgh, but buying a new car and promoting brand following will not be achieved by having the main dealer based in Ayr. Servicing in Hamilton is great, but new car sales will plummet. If true, what a sad situation.  

• Gold FFM

Yup. Parks have a place in Dunfermline, Perth and Stirling so they choose Ayr. Crazy crazy.

17 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Yup. Parks have a place in Dunfermline, Perth and Stirling so they choose Ayr. Crazy crazy.

They have a Prestige and Performance showroom in Ayr so presumably that will be where Lotus will go. 

• Gold FFM

So not the Dacia one then @j2 lot?

Still a bloody stupid location though.

• Gold FFM

Going by the "plan" so far I am assuming the other one will be in Thurso!

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

To be honest @Andrew C whenever I drop a car off for a service the courtesy car they provide you is usually an inferior one. So yes, probably will be a McLaren.

image.jpeg.6f9b04b35e8b693d2587c19421666b0f.jpeg

• Haha 2

Finally got a reply frim Callum Smith at customer services....... Looks like they are really getting their teeth into it 🤔😉.   "Thank you for the 2 emails, we are currently looking into your claims and we will respond accordingly" 

Any one have Phil Popham's Email address? 

• Bibs unpinned this topic