free hit
counters
Carbon pieces - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Apologies for stepping on anyone’s toes but if it helps others then it’s worth having an option out there...

Some may know I work in formula 1 and one of my contacts has a few side projects he’s done in the past making up carbon parts for other race cars (as well as the f1 obviously). With the busy race season lead time may be a long one, but it sounds like this is often the case anyway with aftermarket sellers

The only problem is getting the moulds so for this we/he will need a template of what owners have so he can lay-up the carbon

So at the moment we’re thinking side sills but he has said he can make some front canards just using my car as a template and making a jig himself to lay up. It might be easier if he does one thing first to concentrate on that...and to see how keep uptake is

Basically to make any sills, or anything that has to fit a certain dimension we need a template, basically this is a call out to someone who may have a template for sills as an example that we can use, he expects the cost would be half what other aftermarket companies ask for carbon pieces and perhaps if there is a group buy type thing the person who supplies a template can be compensated for their help, be it a plywood template or mdf etc

If this is too much of a faff or may upset anyone doing similar, I’m happy to go it alone and just get him to make one off’s for me based of my own templates as and when I can find time to make some w

Happy to hear thoughts from guys who may be able to help, I know guys like alias etc already make their own pieces so not wanting to take away from them

Cheers

Woots

• Thanks 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

@Composite guru knows a thing or 2 about F1 carbon parts! 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.