free hit
counters
2020 Track days - Trackdays - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

2020 Track days

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So, the weather has been so appalling here today I decided to get my butt into gear and get some track days booked. Shortest round trip is March, the SIDC day at Knockhill, only around 100 miles round

So just got in two track days before the "lockdowns" started to bite again. A type 116 (Vx220 to those in the know). 4 days. 900 miles commuting to/between the tracks then home and two full days on tr

Drive it there and back!  😎

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Drive it there and back!  😎

• Love 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 2 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Managed to self isolate in my lovely Type 116 today on the track.  They really are wonderful cars.  My car had not been touched since being put away for the winter in late September.

She started first time, on the button, literally, lol.  We went to the track. We zoomed and va va voomed 90 litres of super unleaded without her missing a single beat!  Now that really is bloody impressive in my book.

I saw a "grandfather" car and his "son" - a right pair of matching Lotus beauties separated by almost 50 years!

1683419208_Green3117.thumb.jpg.d94f8a105f371effa10466507b7ea6b5.jpg

And I enjoyed seeing this beast on the track.  It has given me a lot of ideas as to what to do with the exterior of my Fire Red Evora 410 sport...  Some monies are going to be spent...  So, self isolation can be fun. Huge fun!

629409327_Senna1.thumb.jpg.c8df40cbf0843fd00f556d58e90c881c.jpg

senna 2.jpg

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

I have a few booked over the next 2 months but I am 100% certain they will be cancelled Eldon.  

• 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Gold FFM

So just got in two track days before the "lockdowns" started to bite again. A type 116 (Vx220 to those in the know). 4 days. 900 miles commuting to/between the tracks then home and two full days on track. Both new tracks to me, Oulton Park on Tuesday in the wet, and Cadwell Park on the Wednesday that was cold and damp at the start and dried quickly.

The lego plastic shit box did not miss a single beat.  They really are superb cars and so cheap to buy, run and upgrade.  Talking to some ex racers at Cadwell they were saying the VX is better on the track than the Exige, and when supercharged, as good as, if not better, than the 250 CUP.  Lol, now that's gonna stir some debate though I have to admit in the £40k price difference does not make a difference on track, the only difference would be the driver...

Anyway, great way to end a somewhat strange year.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

I've got a few laps coming taken by an ex racer who followed me closely for a few laps to help me with my lines at Cadwell. I ain't no driving god, I just drive to my limit for pure fun 

Also I said Exige above but meant Elise and can't edit the post now.