free hit
counters
Well the S4 is getting ready to go - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Well the S4 is getting ready to go

I dropped the car off at the painters to get stone chips etc sorted out. Paint on the wheels as well as the paint has been blasted away driving over time.

I have a question as to whether the protective film on the bumper behind the rear wheels the leading edge of the sill scoops and the film along the door sills.

Some of it looks like it is easily done, but I am wondering if there is special pieces from Lotus for things like the leading edge of the sill scoops?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

A vendor versed in the application of PPF (Paint Protection Film) should not have any issue with those scoop edges. IIRC the original Lotus bits were simply pre-cut pieces of 'Helicopter Blade Tape'. The HBT turned yellow and cracked after a few years, so today's PPF should do MUCH better.

http://multimedia.3m.com/mws/media/827007O/rotorblade-protection-sell-sheet.pdf

I would think that applying PPF to the shape of rearview mirrors would be MORE challenging! :shuriken:

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

Well good luck Michael.

Selling privately or on consignment ?

I've still got a large vacant hole in my garage, hopefully I'll fill with another red car... 

PS.  Sold mine with all original stone chips included for free.

Simon  (94 S4)      My Esprit will be for sale in late 2017

Privately first off. The guy painting says that many cars he has had in there have been sold before the paint was even dry.

Says people are constantly asking about cars that he has in there.

Never know.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.