free hit
counters
Turbo SE - Looks like good value - Ebay UK - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Turbo SE - Looks like good value

DaKa

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Gold FFM

I agree, good value and seems honest. If the maintenance checks out, it should be mechanically sound and make for a very good rolling resto.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Not the good buy it appears. Advert says 72000 miles but at mot in 2012 and then 2019 it had done 74042 miles. So not even done 1 mile in 8 years. How did it get an MOT in 2019 with perished tyres. Paint not too clever and manifold blowing. Says full service history but in 30 years on ok y has 14 services

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM
39 minutes ago, pete said:

Says full service history but in 30 years on ok y has 14 services

Have had this argument on here before (me, have an argument, perish the thought!) - someone will say the servicing was done based on mileage so is FSH. It's crap as the schedule is usually xxmiles or xx months, not pick and choose to suit.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Isn't there a pipe missing from the Chargecooler that should go to the water tank? So if that coolant circuit was pumping you should get water come out of that un-piped hole, hinting that the CC pump isn't working (perhaps guess where the fins have gone).

• Gold FFM
14 hours ago, andydclements said:

Isn't there a pipe missing from the Chargecooler that should go to the water tank? So if that coolant circuit was pumping you should get water come out of that un-piped hole, hinting that the CC pump isn't working (perhaps guess where the fins have gone).

Good spot! I'd still go and have a look if I was in the market for an SE, but stuff like that and especially the lack of annual service would make me negotiate a lower price.

I have made many mistakes in my life. Buying a multiple Lotus is not one of them.

Guess I better step up .The car is mine.

It has a service history which I would say a lot don’t have.

clearly there are a few niggle but I’ve said it need a bit of tlc and is priced accordingly.

She if far from a restoration case and drives well benefiting from a lot of work recently 

• Like 1

It certainly struck me as a real contender and good value.

I just wish something would come up nearer to my home to tempt me to move up in performance from my N/A.

I guess that you need to be either lucky or prepared to travel for the good ones.

Be sure and hold out for a fair price.

• Gold FFM

Hi Neil,

Good of you to come forward!

Can you elaborate on the missing bleed hose and confirm the oil changes were done at least once a year? I'm sure that would put those interested more at ease. You should also consider putting her on the TLF classifieds (even though most of us here will already have found the ad).

Greetz,

Filip