free hit
counters
Pre-400 series NA Manual Evora - Later or Earlier car? - Page 2 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Pre-400 series NA Manual Evora - Later or Earlier car?

3 hours ago, jep said:

So I just packed some old bulbs from my Fiat 128 pile and bought the headlamp bulbs from Fleabay, £66 for two.

Osram D1S 35W Xenon bulb New HID 66144

If you are going to purchase bulbs, why not upgrade and keep the originals as spares?

Info here

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Glad to have put a deposit down on the white sports racer recently on Piston heads and Autotrader.  Looking forward to the experience. 

It's an amazing car. I'm so glad it's not an ultra low mileage car so I can just use it. It went to North Wales this weekend in horrendus conditions.  The winter tyres provided total security in the w

Agreed!   

Posted Images

• Gold FFM
7 minutes ago, mik said:

If you are going to purchase bulbs, why not upgrade and keep the originals as spares?

Info here

Probably a good idea and a great thread to assist. I bought some fancy bulbs for the Excel and it made no difference, to my eyes. I rather lost interest after that experience. 

I tend to drive older vehicles most days so the Evora headlamps seem very good already to me. I don't really think about it when Evora-ing at night. 

Justin 

9 hours ago, jep said:

Probably a good idea and a great thread to assist. I bought some fancy bulbs for the Excel and it made no difference, to my eyes. I rather lost interest after that experience. 

I tend to drive older vehicles most days so the Evora headlamps seem very good already to me. I don't really think about it when Evora-ing at night. 

Justin 

You’re not alone Justin - this is the least popular Evora modification ever 😂 .

I am not sure if others are nervous about accelerating the well-documented headlight mask problems  (my car doesn’t exhibit this at all yet - touch wood), or whether I am just at the lower end of the bell-curve in terms of forum member carrot consumption? 😉

Edited by mik
  • Like 1
  • Gold FFM
42 minutes ago, mik said:

You’re not alone Justin - this is the least popular Evora modification ever 😂 .

Evora tow-hook mod just wins. 😁

Justin 

On 23/01/2020 at 16:36, mik said:

Info here

I think the intent is to carry some cheap bulbs to met the French regulations of caring spares, rather than spending major money on factory led's and HID lamps.

6 minutes ago, Julian73 said:

I think the intent is to carry some cheap bulbs to met the French regulations of caring spares, rather than spending major money on factory led's and HID lamps.

I was responding to jep, who stated that he did buy two new HID bulbs.

I always leave the handbrake off in the garage but just had to put the towing eye in and pull it out of the garage as brakes had ceased. Definitely shouldn’t have put it away beginning of December after a clean without drying the brakes out. 

• Haha 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

8 minutes ago, woodyrvf750 said:

Glad to have put a deposit down on the white sports racer recently on Piston heads and Autotrader.  Looking forward to the experience. 

Great car at a great price 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Gold FFM
45 minutes ago, woodyrvf750 said:

That car was value. You won't look back...….

Justin

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

That looks like a bargain - I was chatting to the owner, because I was genuinely amazed it was still for sale given the price; I'd have given my right arm for a <30k SR 18 months ago, as they were all £35k+. We assumed it was the mileage that was putting people off....no idea why as 65k is nothing.

Still, that's a whole lot of car for the money. Enjoy 😎

• Like 1
10 hours ago, MattyB said:

That looks like a bargain - I was chatting to the owner, because I was genuinely amazed it was still for sale given the price; I'd have given my right arm for a <30k SR 18 months ago, as they were all £35k+. We assumed it was the mileage that was putting people off....no idea why as 65k is nothing.

Still, that's a whole lot of car for the money. Enjoy 😎

10 hours ago, paranoidandroid said:

Congratulations, lovely car and if it’s the one I’m thinking of, amazing value.

The UK used car market is so price sensitive to mileage.  I hope I've got a good one, it all looks very straight with a nice accountable history.

• Gold FFM
6 minutes ago, woodyrvf750 said:

The UK used car market is so price sensitive to mileage.  I hope I've got a good one, it all looks very straight with a nice accountable history.

Correct re UK market. Bonkers. And it means many do not use their cars as they worry about depreciation. 

To own a sports car and not to use it would be liking dating a supermodel and not sleeping with them.

Justin 

• Haha 1
23 hours ago, woodyrvf750 said:

Put it back, I was waiting for my bonus to buy that 😁

Congrats on grabbing a peach. I shall restart my search!

• Like 1
59 minutes ago, woodyrvf750 said:

It's an amazing car. I'm so glad it's not an ultra low mileage car so I can just use it. It went to North Wales this weekend in horrendus conditions.  The winter tyres provided total security in the wet.

The roof has been flatted back and polished to remove surface scratches and I'll get the piant work 'refreshed' and ceramic coated in the Spring.

I took a good friend for a shot spin on Sunday morning and we both agreed it was the perfect package; beautiful balance of comfort, power, braking, stability, and looks.

Loving it..imageproxy.php?img=&key=c88edc5a6516ec65imageproxy.php?img=&key=c88edc5a6516ec65

Totally agree. Those Lacia Fulvia's are a peach.

• Gold FFM
On 23/01/2020 at 14:06, 2011 Chrome Orange said:
As far as wiring harness issues, there was a poll conducted over here (back in '15) to see who had their harness replaced and what years were impacted. The results of the poll showed that the early cars appear to be less impacted than MY12+. I don't believe any '11 owners ever reported a harness replacement.

Here are the extracted poll results of replaced wiring harnesses:

2010 Evora NA MT (NOTE: harness short due to coolant leak, so probably shouldn't be counted)
2012 Evora NA IPS
2012 Evora S MT
2013 Evora NA IPS
2013 Evora S IPS
2013 Evora MT (replaced 2x)
2014 Evora S MT
2014 Evora S MT
2014 Evora S IPS
2014 Evora S IPS

Please be aware as @ChromeOrange has posted above - there all sorts of "internet miss-truths" about the Evora and you need to buy this model or that - the wiring harness is just another one of those... The clutch and track days is another one - the clutch will likely get more grief driven poorly in stop/start city traffic / traffic light launches every day than the occasional thrash on the track.

Best advice is drive the car. Buy on condition and service history and the chances are you'll be fine. Even better if you can  get someone to look over it for you first who really knows the Evora.

• Thanks 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!