free hit
counters
Bush insertion tool needed urgently T000T0541F - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Bush insertion tool needed urgently T000T0541F

• Gold FFM

Hi all, does anyone have a bush insertion tool part number T000T0541F

it’s for the rear arm bushes or the front arm on the pre 97 models.  Would need it posting and happy to rent or buy one

thank you 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@Mightymetro thanks so much for the speedy return of the tool, with postage reimbursement, and the extras!  Much appreciated.  😀

I also had a go at the rear suspension bushes this weekend. Didn't get to do all of themn because some of the bolts really wouldn't move. I needed the car to get to work this morning, so fitting the b

Sorted!  You should have it by Tuesday.

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

If that’s for the rear links - the poly bushes do simply press in - they go in at an angle then straighten up.

i was close to crying pushing the first one in - and it took some worrying. The rest pushed in about as quick as it took to do the first - once you get brave it’s easy

Only here once

If you don't use the tool, you run the risk of trashing the bushes.  Not worth it, in my opinion.

Let me check my inventory...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

The place has tried putting them in without and just can’t do it and have said they don’t have time to make a tool.  I was supposed to be collecting them at 2!!!!!!!!!!!!

this car will be the death of me 🙈

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Found one.  Available to loan for the princely sum of return postage, if you're interested...

IMAG1829.jpg

• Like 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

21 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

@CHANGES advised me the best way to get them in - takes some pushing.

21 hours ago, Sparky said:

If you don't use the tool, you run the risk of trashing the bushes.  Not worth it, in my opinion.

I always use a tool , it quicker easier and less likely to damage the bush..     You can do it without a tool but you really need to know what you are doing or you will be damaging an expensive pollybush.     As Sparky said ''Not worth it'' , especially when a tool is available ..  

Now that's what an engineer does!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • Gold FFM

Just reading this topic as I narrowly missed out on a second hand insertion tool that popped up for sale but was snatched up too quickly by one lucky customer.

Anyway, I would recommend everyone lends @Mightymetro something, I too received a similar thank you pack in return. A very pleasant surprise. 🙂

( @Sparky I may need to ask nicely if I can borrow your insertion tool soon once I get to that stage 😇 )

cheers

-Chris

• Like 2

Any time!

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

I don't know if this will make someone shudder (tell me if I'm being a plonker) or whether I've stumbled across something useful for a change... but I've put in a couple of polybushes tonight using a 35mm-28mm copper reducer, just a few quid from the eBay plumbing dept.  Dremelled at the midpoint, those are internal diameters on a reducer but 28mm is still smaller than needed.

No damage to the tool or bushes so far, and didn't feel like I was using too much force through the ratchet, with a bit of washing-up liquid for good measure.

IMG_20200914_183951.thumb.jpg.3d254d5853f4d644889647f22199e9ed.jpg

IMG_20200914_183913.thumb.jpg.76e76862f25bf39c970ca974c6f33c42.jpg

IMG_20200914_185024.thumb.jpg.0c2bcbe7aeff6a6030f291c9a4ea38e3.jpg

• Like 1

An important thing to note is that the only type of lubricant that should be used to help install the bushes is a short term lubricant such as P-80 Rubber Lubricant Emulsion that does not revert back to being a lubricant when it gets wet. This is to prevent the bushes rotating in their housings when the vehicle is being driven.

7 hours ago, sailorbob said:

An important thing to note is that the only type of lubricant that should be used to help install the bushes is a short term lubricant such as P-80 Rubber Lubricant Emulsion that does not revert back to being a lubricant when it gets wet. This is to prevent the bushes rotating in their housings when the vehicle is being driven.

Good point @sailorbob - on reflection this was a tip I'd picked up on the ARB thread, and wasn't unanimous there either. I'll revise what I'm doing for the lowers, thank you, and re-inspect these.

Got the nightmare of extracting the lower studs from the hub carriers to deal with first, no hammers no hammers 🔨🚫