free hit
counters
Exige S3 doors not locking - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi

Hope someone has experience of the problem and can point me in right direction. Today my 2013 S3 v6 Exige doors won’t lock doors using the key buttons. System works off the centre console no problem. Alarm seems to arm ok but the door pins remain up and the doors are not locked. 

Appreciate any advice!

Thanks in advance.

Steve 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I sometimes also experience this.. Try to open and shut solidly both doors and the lid,wait a few seconds and try again. With me, I feel a door/ alarm sensor is sometimes not working correctly. 

Does this only happen in certain locations or anywhere? I believe that localised radio interference can cause issues with keyfobs, mobile phone masts etc.

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators

Had issues when I took the front hatch off. Try pushing down and making sure it is latched properly if it has been off for any reason recently??

• Like 1

Happened to me once on my 430. Luckily it happened while I was collecting the car from the dealer during a service visit.

I don't know what they did though. Collected it the next day and it was fine. Sorry not very helpful.

On 20/01/2020 at 12:44, Markymark said:

Had issues when I took the front hatch off. Try pushing down and making sure it is latched properly if it has been off for any reason recently??

Hi all

thanks for the responses, much appreciated. MarkyMark you are spot on. Had the front panel off 2 weeks ago to look at battery terminals. Was ok but most have worked loose. Have it a push down and hey presto!
Thanks. 

steve

• Like 1