free hit
counters
Esprit Digital Clock - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi I have a 1983 Esprit Turbo and the digital clock is playing up, I am able to adjust the hours but when I try to adjust the minutes the button has lost its functionality, I believe there may be a 'fix' available? Any assistance greatly appreciated.

• 1 month later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I did repair a mates s2 clock once, removing most of the gubbins inside and replacing them with a clock from ebay.

just search 12v motorcycle clock, they’re only about a fiver

Hi mate, you can buy a replacement for the inside circuit board and display. The part drops on and off on ebay and Amazon, but this is the one which started off from here and which I used   https://www.amazon.in/0-28inch-Motor-Digital-Clock-DC7-30V/dp/B07PLMMXZC

I just took out the circuit board and duct taped the new display to the screen front. You'd never know it isn't the original. Mine is on continuously, but if you have the time and the skill I expect you could re-wire the button which changes the time to the hour or minute button, and also put the battery terminals to the constant so it keeps time when the clock is off. 

I did this about five years ago for my S1. It’s on my S1 blog. There is a battery back up. The clock is off when the ignition is off but the battery holds the time. It never drains the battery even when left for months. The digits are exactly the same  size and colour as the original. Very cheap circuit on eBay.

On 19/01/2020 at 12:06, NickJBar1 said:

Hi I have a 1983 Esprit Turbo and the digital clock is playing up, I am able to adjust the hours but when I try to adjust the minutes the button has lost its functionality, I believe there may be a 'fix' available? Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Sounds like it's only a dodgy switch, should be an easy repair. What sort of buttons are they? If they're rubber ones like a calculator the conductive bit on the back is either worn away or dirty. Try cleaning it to start with.

Lotus Esprit [meaning] a 1:1 scale Airfix kit with a propensity to catch fire