Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
1976 Elite restoration. - Page 14 - Projects & Restorations - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

1976 Elite restoration.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I can't believe that it's got an original interior, surely its been reupholstered? 🙂

It's getting there......

The position of the door skin at the B-post is dictated by the position of the door beam - it bolts directly to it.  It's a matter of evening up the door gaps at the front and rear of the door by moving the beam backwards or forwards.  The striker plate attached to the B-post is then spaced with shims to suit.

Pete

• Like 1

There should be a chrome trim that clamps between the latch and the door beam. It tidies up the cut out in the door fibre glass. Only affect things by 1mm or so, but makes sense to use when trial fitting. 

Fit the door skin temporarily once beam and latch are set (need to remove latch obviously), then you can check door gaps and alignment as Pete identifies above. 

Tony 

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

regardas the car is slowly coming together my mind has started to think about trim that I have. 
Looking through the sections I have some are good and original anodised, some painted black and some damaged which could be ok with work but probably would need a paint finish.  
So do you think there’s enough trim still out there to be had , to go original , to be able to replace damaged pieces, or should I go all black, and make good the damage?

regards

Tony B

Tony 

Hi Steve , that has got to be the way to go. 
Thankyou.  
Think I have most of the trim now with the help of a forum member , some I will have to take a hammer to it to remove some dents. Definitely go with wrap , guess it’s on internet , so will research later.  
Forgot, I’m missing aluminium angles that attach the trim to the body. I have part of a piece that attaches to windscreen pillar , obviously there must be one for other side , am I missing anymore from other places.  

Tony 

Only a small amount of time spent on the car today. 
Started cleaning the glass for doors and side windows.  As a couple of the door glasses have the modified longer guides for the electric motors , I decided to use them. On one engraved in the glass is Reg plate number CAK649T.  Quick check comes back as white Elite 1978. The other Elite wreck that came in mydeal was blue, will have to see if I can find any white on the few parts that’s not gone to the dump.  

Tony 

More jigsaw puzzle today with trim pieces.  There must be something that blanks the slots like mesh?

522E354D-0E3B-4A4F-8CF6-9835E2E38BF1.jpeg

Guessing the black trim needs some trimming to fit?  But it’s been fitted to something before. Or have I got this totally wrong.  

B15B123F-388D-4875-B45A-F254C9E3C252.jpeg

555EBCDA-9F3C-451D-93D9-BD9D1295202B.jpeg

Tony