free hit
counters
Hello from serial Lotus owner - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
mesajoe

Hello from serial Lotus owner

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Wow, that's a beautiful car, huge congratulations! 👍

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Stunning, congrats! Welcome to the forum.

• Like 1

Nice colour for the NA Evora. And the 410. What kept you away?

Welcome aboard.

Justin

PS. the plural of Lotus is Lotus. Why? 'Cos I said so. 😁

• Like 1

Hi and welcome! I’m fairly new here too!

Some lovely motors you’ve had there, the new GT410 is gobsmacking😀

Great to hear your experience with the 911 and that it left you wanting something more interesting to drive. I got my Evora last year after 7 years with an S1 Elise and I absolutely love it. Truly telepathic steering feel, plenty fast enough, built pretty well and they make you feel special. Every time I see a Porsche (which is about every bloody 2 minutes) I have to stifle a yawn...😴

Edited by Bulletmagnet
  • Like 1

If you drive a 911, you don't have to keep explaining what car you have bought. Even my mother has heard of a Porsche 911.

It always amazes me how few "car enthusiasts" have heard of a Lotus Evora or know what it looks like.

And it amazes me how few 911 drivers test drive the 911 before buying it.

Given how many 911s Porsche sell, it seems that buyers aren't that fussy about the EPAS steering.. The salesman swore blind he couldn't tell the difference between Porsche HPAS and EPAS..

1 hour ago, mesajoe said:

I tried the latest 911, but it was too similar to drive like my mark7.5 Golf R - Porsche have ruined the steering with EPAS

Agreed, that is why McLaren steering feels so good, still hydraulic. 

Most drivers do not want 'information over-load' from the steering. Steering appears to be way down the list for most drivers. For me, it is near the top. That is why I love the Renault Twingo 133; sublime 5th wheel.

Justin

• Like 1

Hmmm yes well I guess a 911 is the lazy, safe choice if you’re in the market for a sportscar...and you’re content to go with the crowd.

Bet that salesman has never driven a Lotus! He really probably doesn’t care that you can tell the difference, there will be another customer through the door in 5 minutes anyway, so why bother debating the issue with you?!

• Like 1

First rule of sales, when selling red ones, swear blind red ones are the best, even if the earlier blue ones were better.. he's never going to admit Porsche have gone backwards..

I guess that most 911 customers don't care, they just want something recognisable by their peer group - what it actually drives like is irrelevant.

If they drove the Evora back to back with the 911, it might make them think twice, but only if they can appreciate what the Evora does very well. If their friends don't recognise an Evora as a luxury sports car, it won't work for most 911 owners.

I think the latest 911 is the best looking 911, possibly Porsche have stopped hitting their designs with the ugly stick, or rather they save the ugly stick for their hideous SUVs.

The 911 was even nearly as nicely made as my Golf R..

But I digress, the point is, once you have tried an Evora, you are ruined, I was constantly testing cars to see if there was something better, given that it looked possible Lotus would vanish.

Glad to say I am back in an Evora.. heaven..

• Like 1

I have only driven one car better than an Evora normally aspirated for steering, suspension and handling. McLaren 12c. Given the price difference in purchase and running costs, the Evora is the better car. 

Justin 

• Like 1

Ron Hickman at his best. A classic. I have never driven one. I nearly bought a one owner 1968 +2, circa 2013 but could not agree price. The car is now with B&C, often in the showroom on display.

Justin

Welcome to the forum

Wow you had some nice ones there for sure.

Your 410 does look amazing!

buddsy

• Like 1

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Welcome to TLF Mark. :welcome:

I’m not sure that jep is correct. I think it is Lotuseses.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

Welcome

some lovely motors..........

feel free to come and meet the CLOGs (Cheshire Lotus Owners Group) if you're out on the 1st Sunday of the Month and happen to be driving the Whipping Stock......just outside Knutsford

:welcome:

:thumbsup:

ps LDC have a peaks run on the 28th June

pps Im doing free tickets to the Gold Cup at Oulton Park......

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)