free hit
counters
'Phil's Spec' Evora GT 410 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
KAS-118

'Phil's Spec' Evora GT 410

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looks like a 400 with the 410 engine and the GT front end... And the Lotus website was caught out napping...

• Love 1

A dealer mentioned this 'softer' Evora to me last year when I was somewhat bemused by the ride of the 410 Sport I tested. 

Good news. I understand it is just a stop-gap, before the new cars come on stream.

Justin 

• Like 1

A couple of points from me.

The story implies that air conditioning and a rear view camera are extras on the GT410 Sport. Is that true?

There’s no photo of this larger rear window. Isn’t the bulkhead post box slot window the limiting factor with rear visibility?

Show us the new door cards. Have they returned to an armrest? Maybe even, God forbid, a cup holder.

The hardcore Evora 430 is called the GT430. The more subtle version is the GT430 Sport. This new model seems to reverse that nomenclature.

Also MPS4S is an easy way of reducing cost. Several Evora owners have already done this.

So it’s a US spec. 410 with a Euro front bumper.

Here's the full press release and image gallery...

Lotus launch refined 'everyday' Evora GT410

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

1 hour ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Show us the new door cards. Have they returned to an armrest? Maybe even, God forbid, a cup holder.

image001.jpg?fit=2159,1124

image010.jpg?fit=2159,1124

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

I find this odd, its like a properly speced GT410 Sport with the 400 spoiler and colour coded roof, with a few other bits taken from the US Evora GT. The Evora range is really confusing now. The new door cards are nice tho!

Edited by j141

More in Autoexpress 

The British firm says the new GT410 puts greater focus on driving comfort to become a more useable ‘everyday’ car. To that end as standard it comes fitted with Sparco sports seats, air conditioning, a reversing camera system, sat-nav, Apple CarPlay and a DAB radio for the first time.

Maybe Lotus had a preview of Harry Metcalfe's Esprit video where he talks about how it's a comfortable GT car as opposed to today's Lotus':thumbup:

Edited by jonwat

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

Those door cards look the same as the ones in my 400... Am I missing something? Have they just relaunched the 400 and changed the name?!

It still makes a used 400 look a pretty good buy imho. 

• Like 1

It's a 400 with a revised map and springs and new bumpers. Very little if any carbon like the GT410/Gt430 or 410 Sport.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

1 hour ago, Ali tuck said:

I think it might be a parts bin special- using everything up before the new cars are launched!

This. It's a 400 with new bumpers, a revised map and springs.

Nice colour in the launch photos though.

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

It's also back to the roots of the Evora, a more gentle and compliant car in the range, but it is true that, IMO, it is starting to look dated. I hope they will sell some. I am still in love with my humble S.

• Like 1

Yup it's taken them 2 years to relaunch the Evora 400. Thought we might see some new switchgear given what they have access to now but surprised that it is exactly the same. Makes it less likely that we'll see a new interior in an Evora any time soon.

All that said I'm sure it's a very lovely car, I welcome the return of a more supple Evora, it looks great to my eyes and probably a better spec for most Evora buyers, particularly those more interested in road driving over trackdays. I hope it finds some buyers but not an easy sell to a market place that remains largely unaware of the Evora.

• Like 2

46 minutes ago, Arregueti said:

It's also back to the roots of the Evora, a more gentle and compliant car in the range, but it is true that, IMO, it is starting to look dated. I hope they will sell some. I am still in love with my humble S.

I must admit - I still think the Evora looks fantastic; but at the same time I have a longing that they'd go back to the Wedge of an Espirt (S1-S3) Elite and Eclat days.

I've even started looking at Triumph TR7's and thinking 'wow - they look nice' 

Perhaps I need help...?

• Haha 1

This has everything of a snatch and grab, it is a nice package that they should have probably never discontinued in the first place. Same old switch gear - which probably means the Evora will not get the Geely loom -  surrounded by nice polished alloy instead of painted surfaces, the return to the glass lid over the engine bay. Somebody at product management just made me go gahh, they made the regular GT430 the most intense Lotus car and now the GT410 is the entry model... 

Lotus needs to decide what GT means for them cause in less than 3 years they have slapped it every where and diluted its value, imo  

Edited by NedaSay
  • Like 2

So when will we see the Evora replacement?

I hope they resurrect the Esprit replacement project as even 7 years old it still looks gorgeous!

DA7D0597-89FD-4E1F-8F58-8D6E76E57223.jpeg.bc9989fa1c7fe079e8d41499843fb166.jpeg

Do we have any concept photos of the new Evora?

9313B9B6-2741-4468-B61C-8050D83D77D8.jpeg.dadaea56f31c6b067f03c6dbc648de1a.jpeg

GT4 looked aggressive but same basis.

I like the new GT410 and if I had the funds it would be model of choice I think, interior looks great but then I’m an Evora newbie so they all look lovely to me 😁

Dave :) 

Do or do not, there is no try! 

5 hours ago, Ali tuck said:

I think it might be a parts bin special- using everything up before the new cars are launched!

I think that's exactly what it is. They are squeezing the Evora for everything is has got, there can't be much left at this point. Honestly Lotus... Evija was fun, but its time to at least tease us something new for the real world now.

It’s a carbon free Evora.......maybe the road tax will reflect this!🤔 ok maybe not then🙄

• Haha 2