free hit
counters
'Phil's Spec' Evora GT 410 - Page 4 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

'Phil's Spec' Evora GT 410

A good article I thought. We can bemoan the fact that most people prefer mainstream cars, but this article does at least explain why a few of us still love the Evora.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

As an S1 replacement it's selling price should be about 70-75k.  Even then it would struggle against the P word's new GTS. Looks good but that rear spoiler needs to go back to the simple clean li

Nice to see they have bought back the S1 levels of interior comfort.  😉  

I like the focus on being a GT car than all out racer . I always felt this was the whole point of the Evora? One of the reasons I went for a S1 NA SR - i wanted a more chilled out, compliant ride, usa

Posted Images

That's a really good article, and I love that the author wasn't scared to use emotion in his writing, I hate reading non descript spec sheets, his ability for description I think is brilliant, and captures what appears to be a fever.

• Like 2

True praise from a Juno I admire he was editor for Murray Publishers' Wheels and Australian Sports Car World Quarterly in the seventies.

Yes, a nice piece all round at last.   What's the story of John Miles? 

11 hours ago, EGTE said:

What's the story of John Miles? 

Someone will be able to tell the story much better than me but in summary: F1 driver, Lotus development engineer, all round lovely gent:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.hemmings.com/stories/2018/04/12/racing-driver-and-development-engineer-john-miles-1943-2018/amp

• Like 2
On 23/07/2020 at 19:54, Bravo73 said:

Someone will be able to tell the story much better than me

Here is his obituary from Absolute Lotus magazine:

4D783A5E-EFD5-47ED-A9C4-5DAE1A39F6FA.jpeg

(He spent 18 years(!) at Lotus Engineering). 

• Like 2