free hit
counters
'Phil's Spec' Evora GT 410 - Page 4 - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

'Phil's Spec' Evora GT 410

KAS-118

A good article I thought. We can bemoan the fact that most people prefer mainstream cars, but this article does at least explain why a few of us still love the Evora.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That's a really good article, and I love that the author wasn't scared to use emotion in his writing, I hate reading non descript spec sheets, his ability for description I think is brilliant, and captures what appears to be a fever.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, EGTE said:

What's the story of John Miles? 

Someone will be able to tell the story much better than me but in summary: F1 driver, Lotus development engineer, all round lovely gent:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.hemmings.com/stories/2018/04/12/racing-driver-and-development-engineer-john-miles-1943-2018/amp

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Saw this new at Hendy Exeter previously and went in today and now see that your ex AU10 Evora NA is in their showroom.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Markindevon said:

we came away having placed a deposit on your old car! 

Well that was a quick turnover for Hendy. Saw @EGTE's new car and meet Russ in the showroom, had a number of chats with Scott from the factory. An interesting time today. See they have another new GT410 for sale now, must be one of the last ones available.

I was there yesterday and the Burgundy red GT410 looked great and the colour was not far off the Magma red colour sample they had. Magma was a bit brighter and sparkled nicely in the sunlight. Loved the GT410 inBurgundy with silver wheels and wil prob go Magma / silver also.

5 hours ago, Markindevon said:

Hi @EGTE,

Just went over to Hendy to look at the Emira - persuaded my better half to come along as I'll eventually need her buy-in to getting one and we came away having placed a deposit on your old car!  That was unexpected 😆

I thought I'd be waiting a couple more years for my first Lotus but, with any luck I'll have it in a couple of weeks!

I saw you'd upgraded the head unit... would love to hear any history or info on other changes that you've made etc, it looked in beautiful condition.

I'm rather excited!

Message sent! Congrats!