free hit
counters
Deroure - ordering Lotus parts - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

What’s the feelings on ordering through the Deroure website for (bloody expensive) Lotus parts - I’ve emailed twice now to get an answer to a query before ordering and had no reply as promised to confirm receipt of email. Is this just another thing to add to the pile of things......that Lotus should & could do better?🤔

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hi Stephen  Thanks for raising your concerns regarding contacting us at Deroure (Bell and Colvill) I’ve checked our emails and can see we replied to you email regarding 380cup access panel spacer

I don't list all the parts in the shop as there are so many but let me know via PM what you're after and I'll add it and give you a code for 10% off :) 

Posted Images

It's part of Bell & Colvill and are usually spot on but perhaps someone is on holiday down there? Give them a call :)

They're a separate business to Lotus and I can't see the factory telling them to be better at answering emails, that's a bit of a tenuous prod at Lotus I think mate.

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

40 minutes ago, Bibs said:

It's part of Bell & Colvill and are usually spot on but perhaps someone is on holiday down there? Give them a call :)

They're a separate business to Lotus and I can't see the factory telling them to be better at answering emails, that's a bit of a tenuous prod at Lotus I think mate.

Fair do’s Bibs - maybe I didn’t properly understand the set up?

But as I understand it this is the main ordering route to order parts (if not done through a dealership - which we don’t have operational in Scotland quite yet at this time) for anyone owning a Lotus. So if I was the CEO of Lotus I’d want to be confident in the knowledge that whenever a customer is trying to purchase, using that method then the system is robust enough to do what it says it should. To state on the website that if an email isn’t received an error has occurred, but to try twice and still no reply........that’s not a high quality system and process and it’s there to do a job for Lotus. Therefore if not working as it should it puts Lotus in a bad light, so not that tenuous really......

I’ll try calling tomorrow 

• Gold FFM

I've ordered lots of things from Deroure Stephen and never had an issue.

However, you must think of them as like a Demon Tweeks - they are NOT connected to Lotus directly - indeed, you could order the stuff from @Bibs and get a discount on here if I remember correctly!

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

5 minutes ago, C8RKH said:
  • I've ordered lots of things from Deroure Stephen and never had an issue.

However, you must think of them as like a Demon Tweeks - they are NOT connected to Lotus directly - indeed, you could order the stuff from @Bibs and get a discount on here if I remember correctly!

How does that work @Bibs as I’ve got quite a few bits to buy?

I ordered an engine cover for the Elise and got good service from them. Whats the Bibs shop like??

• Like 1

I understand Bell & Colvill have been changing/updating their systems which has caused a few glitches. I would definitely call Chris and speak to him. 
I’ve ordered plenty of parts from them in the past and always received a good service, so I’m sure there is a simple explanation for why you didn’t get a response. 

• Like 2

Never had a problem. If you, are I’d suggest getting your part numbers off the deroure website and calling B&C parts dept and order them direct.... tell them about the issues you’ve encountered at the same time, I’m sure there will be an explanation.

It is the go to parts ordering service for Lotus parts and that’s because it’s so damn handy and usually has excellent service.

• Like 1

@GDunster

Thanks Gary for the response and I’m feeling a little humbled now, but also pleased that you’ve made contact. I look forward to receiving your reply with the info I need to then be able to process my order.

Incidentally I’ve just checked my junk folder and no message received there either?

@C8RKH  & @Bibs

thanks both for the info on the available discount👍 

• Like 1