free hit
counters
NC500 trip planned - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

hi peeps after my Cornwall roadtrip last year I'm looking to do the NC 500,  has anyone on here done. The applecross route as I'm worrying about bottoming out on crests.

Also how about fuel super unleaded is hard to find I'm told i will be going Ullapool, Kylesku, Durness, Dunnet Head, John o Groats, main things I want to see are the applecross route, the bones caves, smoo cave, Advreck castle, and Gringoe Castle not sure on spelling on the last one.

Hotels and B&Bs booked mainly photography and geocaching trip with some enjoyable roads, any advice would be grateful cheers.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did this last year; unfortunately missed out on the Bealach Na Ba due to atrocious weather.  If you did Cornwall in the Elise then the NC500 main drag should be no issue, but I think you will forfeit the opportunity to go off-piste.  A few amazing side excursions on the west coast would have been impossible in the Esprit!

Can't comment on super unleaded, but fuel is widely available.  Just keep topped up in the main population areas.  

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

After much research there is only two garages that sell super unleaded one in Ullapool and one in Thurso the next nearest is Tesco's in Dingwall just north of Inverness so hopefully these garages do not run out, there are plenty of garages on route but only 95 ron.

Also after much research on various forums it is possible with care to do the applecross cross route, though Lambos and a Porsche have bottomed out.

Edited by Shortfork

We did it last year, an Elite S2, Excel, and a...Jag(the Eclat diff broke in Edinburgh)

And yes, Applecross no problem. Didn't bottom out anywhere that I an recall.

On ‎04‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 10:58, Clive59 said:

We did it last year, an Elite S2, Excel, and a...Jag(the Eclat diff broke in Edinburgh)

And yes, Applecross no problem. Didn't bottom out anywhere that I an recall.

thanks for that

On ‎03‎/‎02‎/‎2020 at 08:23, Bazza 907 said:

Hi Mark

I'll be interested in any replies as I'm doing it in the Summer too.

I keep you informed