free hit
counters
Stolen goods on ebay - General Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Stolen goods on ebay

pete

Friends stolen goods have appeared on eBay and neither the police or eBay will do anything about it. Any one have an idea on how to proceed.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Post the item numbers and ask people to report the listing, eBay will soon get tired of looking into the complaints...assuming they even check!

Shocking the Police aren't taking any interest, that's a decent sum of tools and what you'd have thought to be an easy arrest. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

They seem to deal very much in second hand tools and maybe the outlet for the thieves. Wonder if they have a business account as the amount of gear they are selling warrants one. Ebay as well as the taxman might be interested in that. I wonder how they can explain how they have so much equipment for sale?

Difficult for anyone to trace them. Collection is from a dpd drop off point and payment is by paypal. Only the police can obtain who they are, everybody else quotes data protection

• Gold FFM

I was absolutely sure you get to see the vendors details once you have purchased he item.

have they got immediate payment required setup ?

Ahh i see - paypal immediate checkout.

I would recommend he buys them back - then raises a paypal dispute with the police crime reference number. 

Only here once

He is already nearly £5000 down as more than is listed here was stolen.

EBay rules say any electrical goods with their reference number obliterated will be removed from sale. If you look at the domino machine for sale on the box the number has a black line drawn through it

Nothing like a police ombudsman over there? 
Dare I say, local member?

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

• Gold FFM

And the Police wonder why the public have little faith in them these days.

They're probably too busy queing in a McDonalds drive in - everytime I drive past at least one police vehicle in the queue, personal record is seeing four, kid you not - to chase up a proper lead, make an arrest, recover the goods etc 

Abysmal response from them and from fleabay 

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I have just attempted to report the listings to eBay and I got the following message...

Reports of stolen property on eBay need to come from a law enforcement official. If you are a law enforcement official and wish to submit a report, please visit our Safety Centre for more information.

It doesn't exactly fill me with confidence that they are the least bit interested!

• Sad 1

• Gold FFM

The only thing they are interested in Kenny is their listing fees.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

They are listing a lot of nice kit in good nick from various trades which looks dodgy.  I think the serial nos should be registered with Festool as nicked.   Seem to rememer my son saying they hold onto them if they ever come back for repair and have been listed as nicked.

We engrave post codes or phone nos deep into the plastic or ally on our kit.    They are used and serviced until dead so doesnt matter what they look like. Oh and sharpie details all over the boxes as well.

Maybe this sounds crazy, but how about reporting fleabay to the police, stating they are aiding people sell stolen goods? And actually they have an economic interest in doing so.  Possibly writing it all down in an open article to a newspaper, so that it could possibly get too embarrasing for the authorities and fleabay, and then they might, just might, actually do the right thing.

And I would write to the ministry or the minister him- or herself and report the police will not interfere.

Here where I live, it's the exact same situation, and noone wants to do anything. Late last year the authorities reported in a big tv reporting, that so and so many millons of kroner are now given to the police to set up a special task force nailing these criminals, who have been able to steal and sell on for years via the internet, unhintered. Result so far: Nill. Zero. Null. Nothing. And btw. if the catch the buggar, he or she will have jsut a warning and a very little soft slap over the fingers. Oh, but then WHO, Humans Right Watch and what not enters the case and screams all over the planet, that thieves are treated badly. And if they by any chance are coming from abroad entering the non-guarded, non-protected ec borders, then the fox is loose, feminist, militant vegans and what not will be screaming that suddenly we are racists, because we caught a foreign criminal stealing in our country... Oh the joy of the ec.

I think that is why Festool have set up a decent insurance setup, wher you as a rightfull first owner, for a small fee of around 60 gbp can have a new tool from Festool, if yours get stolen and with a police report.

The police? "Well, we have too many cases to make a report these day and age".

Camera surveilance? Again some protectionists will say that it's a ciolation of the rights of the criminals to videofilm them stealing other peoples things.

Even if you catch the thieves stealing at your premises, an detain them, the authorities will claim that it's illegal to hit them, illegal to .... choose yourself.

As a law obidient private citizen, you are deprived any rights and the criminals have all the rights and are heavily protected.

Honestly, I don't know what to do, but I am fully agreeing with the point of view, that the authorities, fleabay, politicians are doing absolutely NOTHING.

I can therefore only conclude, that the justice system in this modern world is not about justice, not about doing the right thing, but about keeping an elite army of laywers, advocates, policemen and judges getting more and more wealthy. They are a society within the society and they don't give a toss about us ordinary people. I have absolutely no trust in them what so ever. All the stuff you learn as a child trusting the police, trusting the juditional system, law and order, bla. bla. bla. is quickly lost, when you grow up and open your eyes.

Sorry to say so, but that is the current state of affairs.

Kind regards,

Jacques

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

5 hours ago, mdw said:

5 hours ago, mdw said:

We engrave post codes or phone nos deep into the plastic or ally on our kit.    They are used and serviced until dead so doesnt matter what they look like. Oh and sharpie details all over the boxes as well.

Advised not to do that as whoever steals it then knows where you live and comeback 2 weeks later and steal the new tool's

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, pete said:

Advised not to do that as whoever steals it then knows where you live and comeback 2 weeks later and steal the new tool's

But then if the Police actually did their job they would not be able to as they'd be locked up.

Oh shit, there I go again with stupid common sense logic. Doh!

On 04/02/2020 at 07:02, C8RKH said:

And the Police wonder why the public have little faith in them these days.

They're probably too busy queing in a McDonalds drive in - everytime I drive past at least one police vehicle in the queue, 

Abysmal response from them and from fleabay 

Whilst I agree its a poor response, it's very much a local thing. Whilst for some forces these would be an easy fix for clearing a crime and highly likely dealt with promptly but other Police Forces have different priorities. However your friend does have recourse as the items were there to see and he can complain to their Professional Standards Dept and claim losses. Sadly your friend isn't alone as this article today shows. Priority is given to 999 calls and if you don't have enough resources to deal with these then how are you ever going to get to recovering stolen property?

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-51408921

However I can't condone your other comment which is both wrong and totally unfounded. Do you eat? Are you allowed to have something to eat or drink during the day in your job? And if you were on the road all day in your job would you have to do it in the sight of other people? Or would you say "Oh no I shouldn't have anything to eat or drink on my 12 hour shift because some idiot may see me and complain I should be out fighting crime instead of doing something we all have to do to survive?"

One of the reasons you see Police at so many take away outlets is that often its the quickest way to get something down your throat in between jobs. And even then 50% of the time its cold before you get it, if you do at all. 

Very disengenuous and I wouldn't expect it of you Andy.

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

Of course you would @Kimbers, you'd be disappointed at me if I had not raised it lol. Of course the Police need something to eat during the day. I was merely remarking that I often see them, more than once car at a time, in a McDonalds drive through.  I have no idea what they are entitled to break wise and when those breaks should be etc. Me personally, I don't get any paid breaks and often work from 0530 until 1900 sustained with black coffee - which confuses the hell out of me as to why I am a fat bastard until I remember that I often do grab a packet of chocolate hob nobs or digestives with my coffee and then proceed to munch through them. Is wheat a vegetable and does that count as one of my five a day?

To be honest @Kimbers, yeah, probably a cheap shot but then totally ignoring a crime, even one that is laid out for you to see and easy to deal with, is just not on. End of. But then there will be a whole different debate about that.

Out of interest, do they get a discount at Mickey D's? Is that why they are always there? :)