free hit
counters
Cost to PPF Carbon sills - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I’ve got some Carbon door sills and want to get PPF (Xpel) on them to protect from scratching. What sort of price can I expect to pay for that? I ask as I’ve just been quoted £200 by a local company which I think is taking the p.

The sills are loose by the way, not fitted to the car.

Edited by Karls

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

@Karls who did you get a quote from out of interest as looking to do the same. I've reached out to a friend at Ultimate Auto Detailing up near Worcester way - Pending a price.

www.alias23.com

I didn't think £200 was totally unreasonable, its a solid hours worth of work, plus materials.

Yes its expensive, but time = money.

I was quoted £300 to re do the PPF on the side of the car in front of the rear wheels... thought sod it, rather leave it on for that stupid price :P 

• Haha 1

Really? Perhaps I’m just out of touch then🤔

1 hour ago, Karls said:

Imran, I tried this company:

https://glos-detailing.co.uk/

I’m going to see Vanguard Vehicle Wrapping this afternoon in Stonehouse. Will update later.

Well, that was a wasted journey...all locked up, no one there. Doesn’t look promising.

Just now, Karls said:

Really? Perhaps I’m just out of touch then🤔

It depends.

My three local wrap places with good reviews vary hugely on price.

Mustang over the top twin stripe was £400 at one place, they put em on wonky and they converged. Refunded but left them on. Second place who seemed a bit more awake wanted £550 PLUS VAT!  Third place charged £600 vat included - we live with the wonky stripes for now, itself not hugely noticeable until you see it. 

The XPEL Ultimate PPL is fortunes for the material. I'd guess have that cost is the film alone. A whole Exige would cost over £1k in film, an Evora £1.5k. 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Just now, Bibs said:

The XPEL Ultimate PPL is fortunes for the material. I'd guess have that cost is the film alone. A whole Exige would cost over £1k in film, an Evora £1.5k. 

It is damn good though. Wrapped the front of my 370z Nismo in it, bumper wings and bonnet was £1200 all in. 

At £200 to do sills, when they are £300 to replace roughly - is it worth it? 

• Like 1

Exactly. Tempted to have a go myself but the Xpel is very expensive and the potential for screwing it up is huge.

I had mine done by a firm in Daventry, been on car for 18 months and still look as new , cost only £100 .

If you want their details let me know 

• Like 1

Have 2 quotes for Xpel Stealth (as I have matte carbon): 250 EUR for the pair and 370 EUR for the pair.

Come summer time, this is on my to do list (still need to replace the sills)

I am working on a cheaper solution, a transparent vinyl sticker cut to the good shape. I should test the first version this week. It's not the same protection level than PPF but it's not the same price 😆

• Like 2

1 hour ago, geartox said:

I am working on a cheaper solution, a transparent vinyl sticker cut to the good shape. I should test the first version this week. It's not the same protection level than PPF but it's not the same price 😆

Does it breathe? If not you may have a lot of wee bubbles to live with.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!        

First test is a complete failure due to a bad cut.

I will test something else.