free hit
counters
Is electric really the answer - Page 7 - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Is electric really the answer

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 532
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Guys, please use the 'ignore user' button. You'll both be happier, me too. 

When new the battery life on my Samsung mobile phone was three days, after two years use it won't last out the day. Someone remind me the cost of replacement EV batteries.  I must go, my bat

Official range is 244 miles but driving normally (ie as if you stole it) the real world range is more like 150.   Mine is 10 years old and 100K, range has dropped by perhaps 10 miles.   It still

Posted Images

BMW are taking BEV's seriously, they've pre-sold a huge amount of Mini's. Current trend is for electric cars now to be much more like their ICE counterparts rather than the quirky looking iterations to date. VW/Vauxhall/Pug are all doing the same too. 

20200220_091741.jpg

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

https://www.motoringresearch.com/car-news/transport-minister-astonished-hazard-electric-car-motorway-breakdowns/

Not all good news for EV's. Just as long as they then don't start to burn from an accident as the Fire Brigade just stand back and watch them burn as they know there is nothing that they can do.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

I agree. Smart motorways are dumb 😆

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
14 minutes ago, pete said:

Oh please. Tesla is the new God. We're not worthy.

• Gold FFM

That's not much different to the petrol at motorway service stations. You'd have to be an idiot or using someone else's money. I don't think I've used a motorway services petrol station in my life! 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

Went past a motorway services a few weeks ago - can’t remember which one Oxford way  - but it was 35p a litre more !! Glad I’d filled the van up at my local 

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I'm sure you could buy literally anything.

@Bibs your point falls down as we might not buy at that price we know thousands do every day. That's why they charge that much. People are stupid.

Most stupid people buy a BEV. Obviously imho 

8 hours ago, C8RKH said:

Most stupid people buy a BEV. Obviously imho 

Hmmm 🤔.....

Paying more for something which is easily obtainable cheaper elsewhere could be considered stupid.

Buying something that is more inconvenient for you to use could be considered stupid.

Buying something that will costs you more to run and maintain could be considered stupid.

Buying something which is not suitable for your needs could be considered stupid.

Doing things which may harm you could be considered stupid.

Buying something that is harmful to the environment and/or others could be considered stupid (and perhaps selfish).

An inability to find solutions to problems could be considered stupid.

A failure to adapt to changing circumstances and differing needs  could be considered stupid.

Repeatedly doing something, or choosing something', merely because 'that's the way you've done it before, and failing to investigate alternatives, could be considered stupid.

Advancing inappropriate correlations.........

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

oh lighten up I was taking the piss obviously. :)

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, C8RKH said:

oh lighten up I was taking the piss obviously. :)

Voting labour could be considered stupid 🤭

Only here once

• Gold FFM
4 hours ago, pete said:

You two should get married🤣

He'd be buried in the garden within a week!  😂😂😂

• Gold FFM

Good job I'm an affable English man then @Barrykearley

I have no fondness for this company nor its leader so maybe I should gave posted this in the What made you happy thread"!

http://www.wheelsjoint.com/tesla-sales-collapse-in-norway-audi-e-tron-takes-the-lead/

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

An overpriced, 4 years late entry level car which has never delivered on its promises.

car of the year - pah

Only here once