free hit
counters
So, yet another 'celebrity 'outage' - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

So, yet another 'celebrity 'outage'

Not that anyone really cares I guess but since when did 'what you are' define 'who you are?

At the end of the day, what is more important?

All we know now is that yet another celebrity is a self centered prick who, in order to 'find his own happiness' has given up on vows he made 27 years ago.

'For better or worse' anyone..............

I feel for his family. I mean, it isn't like 27 years ago (1993), men weren't afraid to come out of the closet. Mercury died in 91.

Just sad

• Like 2

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The only person remotely surprised that Philip Scofield has come out is his boyfriend. Why can’t he just continue not having sex with his wife like the rest of us? 😁

Our fascination with celebrity is just so wrong.  I probably along with millions others do not give a flying frig leaf as to his sexuality and his sexuality makes no difference to me and how I vi

Not that anyone really cares I guess but since when did 'what you are' define 'who you are? At the end of the day, what is more important? All we know now is that yet another celebrity is a

Posted Images

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, pete said:

Difficult to sack him now😋

You wait til Gordon the gopher goes on record.....

• Haha 2

Only here once

Andy - not that I have much sympathy but the answer to that is simple...

The 'media' of which he was a part, would have eaten him alive so he just tried to get in first (no pun intended!!!)

The media are as much to blame for his need to do this as the voracious appetite of the 'masses' for this kind of crap news.

Doesn't interest me one bit. I stopped taking a newspaper years ago and no longer watch the news. I do have the radio on in the car and it is somewhat impossible to avoid if you want to maintain even a passing interest in events - ie what's going to wipe us all out this week etc etc

• Gold FFM

You can't really blame the media, as you say it's the "voracious appetite of the masses".

He could have just quietly made the announcement though to get it out there and that way there would have been little to see/shout about.

Pretty sad indictment of our society really that it's needed....

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
On 08/02/2020 at 10:59, C8RKH said:

Our fascination with celebrity is just so wrong. 

I probably along with millions others do not give a flying frig leaf as to his sexuality and his sexuality makes no difference to me and how I view him etc. He is just another human being and no more special than anyone else.

Why does he need to "show off", or "come out" like this. Why like the majority of people can he not just quietly get on with his life and the decisions he has made.

Completely agree, although in all honesty I thought he'd come out years ago. I certainly wasn't surprised, not that it makes a blond bit of difference.

As regards quietly getting on with life etc it is not that easy. A long standing and good friend of mine "came out" after 15+ years of marriage and 2 kids, although like PS there had always been a strong suspicion as to his leanings. He quietly let it be known but was open about it. Unfortunately it immediately became the favourite topic of the market and some people who you'd really expect to support him (or simply make no difference) have been quite unpleasant in their treatment of him ever since. 

From this experience, I'd say it is pretty much impossible to "quietly get on with his life", at least whilst the dust, generally stirred up by others, settles.

I can't say I've seen PS making a big thing of it, but then again I'm not really paying any attention to it and rarely watch him/his programmes.

• Like 2

A Lotus is for driving, pork is for breakfast.

I'm pretty sure I recently read he's been up to no good with a runner from the show which prompted his announcement before the red tops made the news public for him.  

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
20 minutes ago, Colin P said:

Unfortunately it immediately became the favourite topic of the market and some people who you'd really expect to support him (or simply make no difference) have been quite unpleasant in their treatment of him ever since. 

Sad to hear that but then I guess in times of need you really find out who your real friends really are and who you can rely on.

People can be right twats, often for no real reason too.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

27 years of marriage.

I did say to my wife - “Well we’ve been married now for 25 years so still be on your guard - however it will be considerably longer than that before I turn around and say I’m feeling a tad partial to a bit of 

C965C600-3741-4475-8F25-8FE068E11D96.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

17 hours ago, C8RKH said:

You can't really blame the media, as you say it's the "voracious appetite of the masses".

It also demonstrates the lack of ‘real’ news to report on imo

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Phenomenal PR job by whoever’s behind it but it’s gotten way out of proportion now. It did really wind me up that all of my 11 year old daughter’s birthday card envelopes were stamped with ‘this week is LGBT celebration week’. 😤

It’s getting to the point where celebrities will start faking their own sexuality as a career move.

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, oilmagnet477 said:

Loads of real news, the main stream media bosses just choose to ignore......

Rioting and French Police brutality - BBC haven't picked up that at all......

BBC have reported on the riots twice that I can recall although certainly not to its fullest content. 

BBC do need to prioritise what is most newsworthy though. An individual’s personal sexuality choice should be a non-event from a news perspective but as already mentioned above ‘celebrity’ sells news unfortunately 👎

30 minutes ago, Sparky said:

Anyone need a gender-fluid Esprit mechanic?

The only Esprit mechanic I know likes a different kind of fluid, mainly gin flavoured! 

• Haha 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, mayevora said:

It also demonstrates the lack of ‘real’ news to report on imo

Yup - I mean now that Brexit is done, Trump is all be re-elected what else is there for us to talk about :)

Ciara, Dennis, coronavirus.  They have plenty of hyberbole to chew on.

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

Philip who?

I'm sorry but I'm just a little bored with hearing about people being this way or that, so what get over yourselves, your not special your "normal" isn't that how they want to be treated. The only one making a big thing about it is PS. I suppose I should feel sorry for his wife but I can't, she is choosing to stand by him and if she is happy to forgive his adultery, because if he has been with another man that's what it is, then good for her. Now I've more important things to worry about, what's for tea.  

• Gold FFM
10 hours ago, oilmagnet477 said:

Loads of real news, the main stream media bosses just choose to ignore......

Rioting and French Police brutality - BBC haven't picked up that at all......

I'm in Paris tomorrow till Friday. Brutalisation you say. Ooooh! 

12 hours ago, Sparky said:

Anyone need a gender-fluid Esprit mechanic?

Need proof

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Has anyone else been made aware of a change in policy by Webuyanycar.com?

They will pay a premium your car if it has any light dents in it - apparently they now prefer things to be slightly bent

• Haha 1