free hit
counters
Newlands Corner Monthly Meet - Sunday 16th February - 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY - Topics - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Newlands Corner Monthly Meet - Sunday 16th February - 10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY

It's the BIG ONE!  Celebrating 10 years since our first gathering, 10 years of bacon rolls, chatting with fellow enthusiasts and admiring the Surrey scenery and the whole range of Lotus cars (plus a few interlopers).

There will be cake.  And I'm keeping my fingers crossed the weather isn't like the weekend before.  Everyone welcome and we look forward to attendees from The Lotus Forums, SELOC, Lotus Drivers Club and Club Lotus.

-----

Time for another Sunday breakfast gathering for some of the finest bacon rolls around.  This is our regular third Sunday of the month event, a chance to gather with like-minded enthusiasts and a cross section of Lotus models.

An informal gathering with no particular runs in or out organised, just a chance to chat, look at cars and take in the view.  Join from 9.00 when the café opens for bacon rolls.  We'll probably be around until 10.00/10.30.

Location map for Newlands Corner here

Note that there is a charge for parking.  First 20 mins are free (but you still need to get a ticket) then £1.30 an hour.  Payment by credit/debit card or mobile phone (extra fees apply) but not cash.  To get the free 20 mins press the green button on the ticket machine before entering any payment.

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Cake! 

I've just been to pick up the cake.  It's stunning and it'll be a shame to cut it.

For those interested, the cake was made by Dawn at Dorking Cake Cupboard.  Dawn also made the 5th anniversary cake, the giant bacon roll.  Her other bespoke cakes are amazing too. Today's cake wa

Posted Images

We're still going ahead.

There is a specially commissioned cake which won't keep to next weekend or next month and if I eat it on my own I will have a month-long sugar rush.  If you don't want to bring your Lotus then other cars are fine (as always).

If the rain is likely to cause flooding then I'd suggest avoiding the A25 between Dorking and Shere and instead approach Newlands Corner from the A246 (Clandon) side.  The road at Gomshall and Abinger can be impassable.

Drive safely and see you there.

Weather permitting, see you there mate. 

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Wait till you see the whole thing, that's just a corner of it to whet your appetite...

• Like 1

Bit of a miserable day but the cake made it all worthwhile. Absolutely wonderful recreation.

Thanks Tom and hope everyone got home safely.

Newlands cORNER.jpg

• Like 1

What a wet day! I didn’t get a chance to say ‘hi’ to most of you today, but I thought the effort gone to for the cake was fantastic and worth recognition.  Well done to those involved.

• Like 1