free hit
counters
mr - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

mr

debsdunc

Got a 501 Elite with Galvanised chassis fitted in white that I am thinking of parting with anyone got any idea of price  its at 75000 miles every thing done mechanically and was painted 5 years ago' runs well but really needs to go to someone with a garage as I cant get permission for one .

Have advertised it last year when stored on blocks (now back on road ) but only got fools and time wasters ?

Regards

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

If it's tidy, sorted and low mileage with mot I'd have thought you could get near 10k, but it's a case of finding a buyer. - they don't seem to sell for over that,  but that's not to say it can't be done, so you could try asking for more.

EBay and car and classic are the obvious places to find interest - maybe lotusforsale, I'm sure other forum members can suggest  other sites. You could put a few photos up here too!

You've just got to find the buyer, but at least you're not in a hurry.

Good luck

Hopefully the feature in classic and sports cars helps bolster prices of all the wedges, it preferred  the ‘shooting brake’ style of the Elite over the coupe shape of the eclat/excel, the S2 Elite featured was a particularly nice example... which IMHO could only be bettered if it was in altair green.

Don't need to sell but don't need three cars either its not done to concourse but was done to drive fuel tank/clutch suspension rubbers and trunnions/door beams/ chassis/drive shafts /radiator/cam belt oil seals all the usual failure points were done 

But this is not concourse and my back is not what it once was so don't like meddling as much as I used to doesn't help that its my job either .

Just after a idea of price .

Regards

It'll find it's own level. Unfortunately they don't fetch high amounts. I wish they would, as I own one!

For £10K I would think it has to be absoloutely immaculate.

I hope you get what you want for it 🙂

It's getting there......

Didn’t think £10000 as not perfect 

suppose I can try the market in a couple of months around £6000 mark and if I only get loonies again will keep for another year as galv chassis stainless exhaust  it shouldn’t cost me much !  Insurance is nothing so just fuel when I drive it .

Thanks for input just shows variation in opinion maybe right person will see it sometime when I’m out once flogged a brooklands with a sign in window while I booted it around  😆 

• Like 1

Personally I would say its worth 10k every day. This would make it cheaper than restoring and there are a lot of dogs out there. For someone who wants one then this is a good option. The market for these types of lotus is full of people who can't afford to keep them in good shape and they have yet to come back into fashion without nice ones visible in the classic arena 

• Confused 1