free hit
counters
Type 72 - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Type 72

Jayfoy

Please help I need some advice.I am taking ownership of a lotus Elise type 72 very low miles under 11000 I believe.It has been stored for 12 years so although cosmetics are perfect will need some mechanical work no doubt.I won’t be driving it so I am wanting to either sell as is or repair and sell.Any idea of value anybody out there please.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m assuming it’s an early one, 2002? Lotus made loads of special edition Elise’s over the years, but they do seem to attract a premium over the regular cars and the Type 72 was a particularly nice one.

Value will very much depend on condition, but if it is cosmetically perfect and with just 11k miles it will be a rare find. As it’s been stored for 12 years I assume it will lack a service history which will count against it and will need money spending to bring it mechanically back to spec, possibly quite a lot depending on what’s corroded or perished. There’s also the risk that the alcantara interior will have gone mouldy - again, fixable, at a cost.

If the money is spent recommissioning it and it’s in really nice condition, I reckon as a private sale it would be worth high teens, maybe even low £20’s.