free hit
counters
Eltech Boot Lid - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Eltech Boot Lid

Hi all,

I started installing an Eltech bootlid to my Exige V6 and am encountering the difficulty that once the struts are installed, the right one

is touching the compressor which means I cannot close the bootlid.

As I am not talking about one or two mm but actually about 2+ cm I am wondering if anyone who has installed the same bootlid faced

similar difficulties and if so, how these were overcome.

I also would appreciate if anyone could provide pictures of the struits and their fixing to the car and bootlid.

Many thanks  

Patrick

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Thanks for the pictures, these provide good inspiration for a workaround!

This being said I think that the struts are quite practical so if possible I would like to keep them. 

I look forward to reading about further solutions!

1 hour ago, PPH said:

Thanks for the pictures, these provide good inspiration for a workaround!

This being said I think that the struts are quite practical so if possible I would like to keep them. 

I look forward to reading about further solutions!

If I am not mistaken, the gas struts are to powerful for the carbon bootlid as it’s so light, hence why the OEM version looks like the above pictures. I can’t be sure on this theory, I am going on my memory. 

• Gold FFM
11 minutes ago, Edinburgh 111s said:

If I am not mistaken, the gas struts are to powerful for the carbon bootlid as it’s so light, hence why the OEM version looks like the above pictures. I can’t be sure on this theory, I am going on my memory. 

I thought it was like with the Evora carbon ducktail. Just cheaper to use a metal prop to two gas struts. JMG decision no doubt.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

I thought it was like with the Evora carbon ducktail. Just cheaper to use a metal prop to two gas struts. JMG decision no doubt.

Yes that may well be the case, I just can’t remember the reason. I thought it was because the actual boot lid in carbon was so much lighter the struts were to powerful. I will try and find the post on here 

• 2 months later...

I can only comment on the Eltech Bootlid but it definitely bends when the gas struts are installed. 

Being able to install the left gas strut only means that the gaps between the left and right side would result asymmetrical.

I actually was told by my dealer that the current production Exiges only have the left damper.

Anyhow, I built a static support with a 6mm aluminium rod that is too weak.

I am now assembling a support with an 8mm stainless steel tube.

And if that doesn’t work, I will use the Lotus solution.

On 17/02/2020 at 20:19, Edinburgh 111s said:

I don’t think that’s the reason, I think he’s because the carbon bootlid is on the 410 and 430 which have bigger superchargers. 

I have gas struts fitted to my car with the carbon hatch (OEM), we simply put rivnuts into the carbon and it works perfectly.

• Like 1