free hit
counters
Aftermarket MotorEasy Warranty - Thoughts please.... - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Bozzie

Aftermarket MotorEasy Warranty - Thoughts please....

Hi everyone

I have just purchased my 2016 4500mile Evora S SR privately. It looks and drives like new but is, of course, six years 'young'! I have always been a sceptic with aftermarket warranties and have had a few problems years ago with one. However, a friend has one with a company called MotorEasy, and he raves about them. He has had several successful claims for his Jaguar. Bottom line, the cover is £1700 for three years, transferable to any new owner. There is a £50 excess per claim but no age-related contributions to any claim required. It is covered from day one but has to have an inspection within 30 days (at Halfords!) and has to be serviced ongoing by following Lotus guidelines but not necessarily by a Lotus dealer. No cover obviously for consumable items but seems comprehensive for everything else. No limit on the value of any single claim up to the cars value and no limit to the number of claims. Approval has to be approved before repairs are carried out. Is it worth it? Thoughts, please. Bozzie

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I had asked the question about 18 months ago after my lotus dealership warranty expired 
consensus of opinions seems to have swayed over to saving your money in a fund in case of any major issues but it also served to fund the ongoing daily wear and tear costs like tyres etc 
I have AA cover which includes a £500 cover for any garage costs of parts and labour so it a semi type of warranty but covers a larger array of potential issues 

• Like 1

I had to renew my Warranty about a year ago and MotorEasy contacted me.  There cover and cost did seem good - but in the end I renewed my Warranty Direct one - as they were bring in a 'new' cover which you could tailor a bit more - and also MotorEasy wanted me to take my car into a garage to get checked out - whereas Warranty Direct didn't.

In the end I'm sure that both end up being similar.

CDM is correct that you could just create a Sinking Fund-  but my reasoning was that if some major goes wrong - then the Warranty seems good value.

However, as with any 'insurance' its the case that if you need it you're thankful for it; but if you don't then you've wasted you money.

• Like 1