free hit
counters
dB Noise for Exige 410 Sport - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

dB Noise for Exige 410 Sport

Yes it does make a nice noise but if you feel the need to be very shouty then the std system is more suited. Personally I am a little self conscious when overtaking as think the std system is slightly offensive to my victim.

Trevor.

I'll get around to it at some point.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I see things differently,  I consider my noisy car overtake as a gift to my other road-going 'friends' - the like of which they will seldom get to enjoy.  I AM THAT GENEROUS.  Selfless too. The world

About 105dB static.  You'll be buggered for most days - think Silverstone Int CIrcuit is the only one I've done with mufflers on exhaust.

Assuming you have the standard ss exhaust rather than the Titanium, it will hit 103db + at 5,000 rpm static.    Driveby in a lower gear accelerating hard you can easily hit over 107db, but all

1 hour ago, Trevsked said:

Yes it does make a nice noise but if you feel the need to be very shouty then the std system is more suited.

Not necessarily no, if this exhaust allows to be under the trackdays noise limit, still making a nice noise, then could be a good deal 👍
You didn't tell us, does it pop & bang when releasing the gas pedal ? Could compensate for the noise "reduction" ^^

That’s a function of the engine management rather than the exhaust although an air leak from an unsealed exhaust will contribute if there’s unburnt fuel. In other words it’s the same but slightly muffled.

Trevor.

• Like 1

I'll get around to it at some point.

https://www.evo.co.uk/lotus/evora/202346/lotus-evora-gt410-review-more-refined-but-no-less-fun

A button lets you open the valves throughout the rev range and Lotus tells us it’s possible to have them permanently closed if your local trackday has particularly harsh noise regulations, but the engine breathes better with them open.

I did not know this was possible.
At least this feature does not seem to be available on the Exige (even if they share the same engine & exhaust).