free hit
counters
Hello from Sweden! - Introductions - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hello from Sweden!

I thought I should introduce myself...

My name is Jonas and I live in southern Sweden with my Girlfriend and a cat!

I just bought a complete wreck that I am in the process of rebuilding, Lotus Esprit S1, I am no purist so some of you will probably grind your teeth at my complete crasynesses ( is that a word?)

BUT I WILL make it to the end and I WILL have a wonderful time doing it, and in the end I will have a wonderful drivingmachine .

First off is the rotten bulkhead, but I will start a rebuild thread and ask questions there.  

received_2748269008567814.jpeg

Edited by Jonas

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Jonas and welcome!

Seems indeed that you have embarked yourself in an adventure. But as I read, you don’t lack any motivation. Success!

(craziness is a word 😀)

• Gold FFM

Welcome.

Sweden has the given the UK some wonderful exports, I am sorry we gave you back that Esprit. It don't look pretty but we can blame a Swed for that I assume. 

I hope you will consider restoring it back to original but whatever you decide, I wish you the best of luck. That ain't no weekend with a few Ikea flat-packs.

Justin 

PS. The S1 is principally about the purity of the shape, so I am certain you should bring this car back to how it left Hethel. 

Hi welcome to the forum!

Looks to be in a poor old state at the moment so Im sure you will be able to make it something better.

Good luck with the project.

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Welcome to the forum, that car is definitely in need of rescuing, good luck with the restoration.

Hello Jonas, welcome! That's one hell of a project you've got there, have fun with it :)

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Hi and welcome........

You gotta admire a man who likes a challenge.......lol......😁👍

Congratulations and looking forward to watching you project develop.....

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

• 1 month later...

Welcome to TLF Jonas. :welcome:

That is going to be a big project. Looking forward to seeing the progress and results.

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

• 1 month later...