free hit
counters
Big Kudos To You All! - Shhhhhh!!! - Plan 'Bigsi' area! - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
mattshaw

Big Kudos To You All!

Howdy, although i dont own a Lotus i felt i just had to register to say a massive well done to everyone on this site!!!

After reading about what you did for Simon i had a tear in my eye. I myself am part of an enthusiast webite (mg-rover.org) & its people like you that help prove that there is a very strong community spirit between members.

We did something 'similar' last year when a fellow member got diagnosed with cancer. We ended up creating & selling a calander (which was promoted through sniff petrol) along with wirst bands & many fund raisers/donations!

You people have defined the meaning of an enthusiast & as such i give you a massive thumbs up :wallbash::welcome::):):):P:thumbsup:

Edited by mattshaw

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Couldn't agree more. Fantastic job! What a great demonstration of what car clubs should be all about.

A massive well done to everybody involved! :wallbash:

Just wanted to register in order to add my voice to the above comments. As a member of an enthusiasts' forum myself, and a co-founder of another (www.fiestaturbo.com and www.overbore.co.uk respectively), it gave me a huge kick to read this story on the BBC News website this morning. This truly goes to show the power of internet car forums and other owners' groups to bring people together in ways which would be impossible otherwise. You should all feel proud of what you did, and in today's climate of antipathy, it's great to hear about such an act of sympathy and genuine human kindness. Kudos to you all!

In addition, I'd just like to say 'get well soon' to Simon. All my best regards for the future!

With over 1200 visitors online I know all the forum members would thank you all for your kind comments. The real thanks we got was seeing Simons face when the car came down the pit lane.

We're not just a website but a real community, nay family......Simons words. :wallbash:

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

WOW! Really well done guys, you have collectively reinstated my faith in human nature. There is not enough being nice in this world and all we hear is bad news. Fantastic!!

Conrad

Lotus inspired seven driver.

Hi all,

I also wanted to add my admiration for what you have done. I have just read about this on the BBC website and confess to a big lump in my throat. What a tremendous gesture. I hope you all feel very proud of yourselves - you should.

Best wishes to all, esp Simon.

James

PS I hope you don't mind me registering and using up bandwidth just to do this

Just another short note to say how fantastic and generous I think this project was. Like many of the posters, I read about this on the BBC News site (mine was via a link on the Boxster car forum), and really made my morning - a ray of goodness amongst all the bad news thats reported nowadays.

Top stuff - a fantastic community you have here. The presentation book detailing all the work that went into the restoration is simply superb and really shows the effort that went into this.

Conrgats once again and best wishes to Simon and family.

Paul.

Edited by Paul O

Your words of kindness are very much apreciated.....

We all had masses amounts of fun rebuilding the BigMans car......

Lots of hard work..... :welcome:

Lots of beer.... :wallbash:

Lots of burgers n bangers.......

Lots of brused n bleeding knuckles.....

Lots of smiles...... :)

Simon (not the famous one......)

Chunky Lover

Guest Guest

just shows what can be done for fellow club members good on all of you who helped your friend out from

www.mercedes190.co.uk

Guest Pablovski - Edinburgh

Fantastic stuff...just read about you all on the BBC News site. You should all be proud of yourselves. It's brilliant...just absolutely fantastically brilliant.

P.

Guest 93Viggen

Well-done LEF.

While I am not a Lotus owner I just wanted to express my admiration for what you did.

LEF has raised the bar that every car club must now attempt to match. :) :)

fantastic job LEF :) Read about your superhuman efforts on pistonheads. You are getting massive props all over the car forum world :)

tonyh

www.clubscuderia.com

Guest Troy Halliday

I'd just like to say thankyou to all the people who have poped over to our little corner of the web to say hello. The fact that you have taken the time to sign up and post goes to show that there are still some good people out there.

Guest Guest

Although I am not a Lotus owner, I had to congratulate everyone that pitched in and did this for Bigsi. It reminded me of the MG96 gathering in Indianapolis In. While posing for the big panoramic pic, there was a bagpipe being played while a local clubmember told how another one of their members was getting his A ready. He had been working on it for a long time and was really looking forward to this meet. He passed away shortly before his A was ready. The club got together and had the A finished and there at the meet. It was very touching. I am just glad Bigsi is getting to enjoy all the hard work that his friends accomplished.

Very sad story. Could have applied to BigSi if Bibs and the others had not acted like they did.

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE