free hit
counters
The Esprit is back - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it just me or are cars nowadays designed by committee somewhere, perhaps the People's Republic? All modern sports cars regardless of manufacuturer look mostly identical - genereric, teardrop formed

I’m sick to death of Autocar and their made up “Autocar Image” nonsense every bloody week - I wish someone would put a stop to it.......they know nowt! What about the Elan they told us is coming - mor

Esprit is an iconic shape. There are not many cars that this could said about. Therefore, if there is a new Esprit, it has to look like an Esprit. Not a carbon copy of any of the previous generations,

Posted Images

Looks too small to be an Esprit IMO. Looks more like an new Elise-sized car. Also, if the Esprit is going to be their more "flag ship" it should a bit more exotic. This looks like like a Caymen, with a better looking front.

Edited by Likuid

Isnt the Evija the Flagship model?

Im not sure of the need for a Esprit model in the range?

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Lovely looking car although I would have liked to see some remnant of the original Esprit styling it its shape.

Guess that will be due to the 12 year gap.

Andy.

I agree Andy but the days of the wedge seem long gone these days, mind the new Elan if released will be getting my hard earned folding stuff! 😁

4C3D40B5-45B7-4CEF-8959-FAB04F4BE5A9.jpeg.fcdcd95df0d4cb71da54a698156aa3c3.jpeg

9A1670DE-0732-4FD7-A1A9-B889FA133506.jpeg.f778fecfcf039e459291055893ee8f88.jpegC8564F14-8CC9-4B6D-9EB9-49B49530EC13.jpeg.94677dc76fd1b8fa98844143825653bc.jpeg

Saying that a lotto win may persuade me otherwise as the Evija is something else.

F3EFEACC-19CD-4723-AD2E-6D5A782F3362.jpeg.176f81141119b5720e792b1ba5a0400e.jpeg

Looks like 2021 will be interesting for us all.

Dave :) 

1 minute ago, stephenwhyte said:

I’m sick to death of Autocar and their made up “Autocar Image” nonsense every bloody week - I wish someone would put a stop to it.......they know nowt! What about the Elan they told us is coming - more lies......just to sell magazines or clickbait for their web-page links. Makes my blood boil!!🙄

😂 You’re not an Autocar fan then Stephen, must admit I stopped buying it years ago and prefer practical classics these days for subscription choice.

Dave :) 

• Like 2

Do or do not, there is no try! 

This is total b.....t!!! Somebody needs to stop this kind of garbage speculation just to sell magazines!!🙄

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LOTUSMAN33 said:

I agree Andy but the days of the wedge seem long gone these days, mind the new Elan if released will be getting my hard earned folding stuff!

Strangely, those pictures of the yellow Elan, do give me a slight Esprit tingle.

Andy.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, Buddsy said:

Isnt the Evija the Flagship model?

Im not sure of the need for a Esprit model in the range?

buddsy

What model range? Every single car is EOL. The only new car is a 2 million dollar car which is limited production.

For what it’s worth (when you read it there’s absolutely no new news and pure guess work) here is the article🙄

5A029D82-CD01-4EDB-8F0D-F658EC8F27F9.png

BEB28788-9E21-435A-A849-CD84D17AB2F4.png

• Like 1
58 minutes ago, Bibs said:

A 2008 Esprit would be worth a small fortune. The last ones were delivered in 2004. 

Thanks Bibs,

............Thought I'd end up beyond my knowledge depth in a thread like this.😧

6 hours ago, KAS-118 said:

When the New Esprit does come I really hope we can see a return to the Wedge 

Fingers crossed that the Wedge design returns, even in wood fine by me.

• Like 1

Unusually for Autocar, this is mostly bollocks but not total bollocks for once!

However re-using the Esprit name is highly unlikely in my opinion. The new management are not real Lotus people and I think are more interested in getting away from the past and associated baggage.

Love the contrasting passion for the Esprit that exists here but not sure why it would be a big deal to see the name re-used? In fact, unless it was a car worthy of the name and original ambition I'd rather it wasn't used. Elan M100 felt like using a great name to add some gold dust rather than designing a car that would add gold dust to a great name. In my opinion Bahar's Esprit lacked the wow factor of the original and I'm not sorry that it never made it into production. I'm pretty certain that I wouldn't have bought one especially after they dropped the Lexus LF-A engine anyway. Donato Coco's Elite however was something else...

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jeanvm said:

Fingers crossed that the Wedge design returns, even in wood fine by me.

Have a whizz through this mate, you'll soon be up to speed :)

http://www.lotusespritworld.com/models.html

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.