free hit
counters
DNA test kits. - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

DNA test kits.

5 hours ago, mg4lotus said:

Has anyone thought about how to commit the perfect crime? (There's probably no such thing)

Ummm your obviously not married 🤭

• Love 1

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They should perform DNA tests on cars. Could be bad news for Porsche Cayenne owners. And quite few other 'prestige' wagons that have little to do with the expensive badge. Aston Martin.... Toyota

Would do anyway. Our DNA is taken on joining to mitigate Idiot coppers touching things at crime scenes. Point in case, me at my first Burglary Knock on door, owner shouts "It's open". I open door and

You re such a grumpy old man  

Posted Images

• Gold FFM
40 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

Ummm your obviously not married 🤭

Yes. You keep it simple. Very simple.

It's when people try too hard to be smart they come undone.

My idea was a pin hole in the gas supply hose to the cooker before I flew off for a week away with work 

Thankfully me and the Misses are a perfect couple so it will always stay an idle fantasy "what if" ... 😂😂😂😂👍

Now the disclaimer. Please don't try this at home folks without proper adult supervision otherwise you might burn off your eyebrows.... Etc etc...

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

18 hours ago, C8RKH said:

My idea was a pin hole in the gas supply hose to the cooker before I flew off for a week away with work 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-41737936

This guy must be borderline imbecile. 

• Like 1

No way, you don't who the data is sold to. I think the law only covers it in the UK, so who knows where it's going abroad? I listened to a radio program about the DNA kits, basically they are not accurate due to the databases being made up mostly affluent sector due to the costs etc. Even worse in the USA due to ethnic eco social divisions. Therefore the pool of data is made up of similar groups. 

Heard there are also issues with results coming back and not showing the correct father.... "mum who was the milkman?" 

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

I really don’t understand why anybody would have a problem with it - provided they’ve done nothing wrong. So what if a DNA company knows my genetic makeup?

On a straightforward DNA test you wouldn’t necessarily know whether or not the people you think are your parents actually are. Not unless they too, or maybe your siblings also have the same DNA analysis carried out. 

You can choose whether or not to inform relatives on the database of your existence. I chose not to since I have enough problems with the relatives I know about, so certainly don’t need any more! 😂

I looked upon it as a bit of fun and something to share with my own offspring in case he might be interested in the genealogy, which he was. Funnily enough, my wife wasn’t interested in having hers tested but then she’s very private about what she lets others know about her. Me, I don’t give a stuff! 😂

Even if regulations outlaw it, I could see some  big insurers using DNA to screen out some high risk clients  for life/ medical cover.  So for me it's not about the DNA test and parental lines/history it's about the potential for abuse.

Let alone some black market organ transplant market in 3rd world countries.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, andydclements said:Let alone some black market organ transplant market in 3rd world countries.

You can buy new kidneys...... wow - might be worth getting a listing up on amazon 

Only here once

The only thing that would be interesting to me is what characterises the genes on Lotus car owners?

And does owners of certain germanic cars have special genes?

Just joking. What is next? A psychoanalysis?

Rest asured that at some time, someone will abuse data. As it always turns out one way or another...

Kind regards,

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)