free hit
counters
Windscreen White plastic clips - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/ICE/HVAC & Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

They don't come with a new screen. The originals are unavailable and the alternatives I got were not suitable so hang on to the ones you get off.

SJ used to have the clips for the top trim.  Make sure you check the service manual when refitting them, there’s a wealth of instructions about refitting them with silicone as well as pop rivets so th

SJ used to have the clips for the top trim.  Make sure you check the service manual when refitting them, there’s a wealth of instructions about refitting them with silicone as well as pop rivets so they don’t leak in behind the cant rail. And believe me, if you don’t follow the advice they will leak!

• Thanks 1

Regular restorer. Rather less reliable forum poster!

I removed my screen just last week and there were no plastic of any description anywhere. The screen had been either removed and refitted or a new screen fitted at some stage as the screen was bonded to the body with "modern" mastic and no sign of the Solbit seal.. I wonder whether plastic clips under the screen are now required with modern mastics. I will have my screen refitted by prefessionals so that 1. it shouldn't leak qand 2 there will a guarantee if it does. will also have it checked for MOT failure before refitting

When your screen was fitted did they place plastic spacers at the bottom?

If not you may find that over a year or two the screen gradually slides down leaving a gap at the top... as happened to me the first time I had the screen replaced.

The second replacement, fitted with spacers, has stayed water tight for 10 years now.

Tony