free hit
counters
GRP light install (notes) - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

GRP light install (notes)

On the surface of it the GRP install should be really straightforward but I encountered a couple of little issues that I think are worth noting and would make the install process truly plug and play.

First point is to make sure you have a long 8mm socket! You can do it with an 8mm spanner but you'll be there for an hour per bolt doing a quarter turn at a time 😂

Note 2, if you have four tail lights shine a torch on them, you'll be able to see the reflector in one pair, these go on the outside!

Note 3, if you have a pre 350/380s then you will need to swap out the 3 pin relay box under the dash to make sure your indicators work correctly. If however you have a 350/380 or later you do not need to swap the relay and the fact that it's a 9 pin means that you may do damage trying to remove it. Greg will need to supply you with a set of crimp and splice on resistors to reduce the indicator speed. These are simply crimped onto the wiring loom exiting the lights themselves.

Hope this may help a few people 👍

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
12 hours ago, geartox said:

@MAG thanks for your notes. I received the parts from Greg but not installed yet. It didn't know what was the purpose of the relay box.

If you have a 350 then you won't be able to use it, you'll need the resistor kit 👍

On 27/02/2020 at 10:31, MAG said:

On the surface of it the GRP install should be really straightforward but I encountered a couple of little issues that I think are worth noting and would make the install process truly plug and play.

First point is to make sure you have a long 8mm socket! You can do it with an 8mm spanner but you'll be there for an hour per bolt doing a quarter turn at a time 😂

Note 2, if you have four tail lights shine a torch on them, you'll be able to see the reflector in one pair, these go on the outside!

Note 3, if you have a pre 350/380s then you will need to swap out the 3 pin relay box under the dash to make sure your indicators work correctly. If however you have a 350/380 or later you do not need to swap the relay and the fact that it's a 9 pin means that you may do damage trying to remove it. Greg will need to supply you with a set of crimp and splice on resistors to reduce the indicator speed. These are simply crimped onto the wiring loom exiting the lights themselves.

Hope this may help a few people 👍

So a for a pre 350, Exige S, one would need to replace the 3 pin relay onder the dash and Greg will send this part along normally. You have a picture of the place under the dash where this relay needs to be swoped? 

• 2 months later...