free hit
counters
Brexit - Page 4 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Brexit

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, JayEmm said:

Clearly I'm in a minority here but I'll be voting to stay in. Main thing, I don't believe any politician, at all, ever.

I enjoy the free transit I have around Europe, and the ability to work. It does affect me and suddenly having to get a VISA to work in certain places would hurt me financially. I also do a lot of trade with Europe and having to not pay VAT helps me a lot.

Also I don't think everything the EU does is the work of Brussels wanting to be a pain in the arse. For example, mobile phone fees are now going to be the same to use in Europe as they are at home. Anyone remember when it was an extortionate amount to send a text just because you were in spain? I do.

Well it does not seem to hamper the Swiss or the Norwegians who have no problem working here and where UK can go and live and work there... Don't see what all the fuss is about, nor the benefit of staying right now.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

make the tunnel one way, out only, in by boat only and put customs on the boat so no one illegal can actually touch British soil,straight back on the boat. Also time to search any cars or lorries

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, Buddsy said:

It seem the "In" campaihners have gone mental on scare tactics today. Oh if we leave the EU it will be the end of the world

• A German owned car company trying to scare its employees in to voting the way they want! None of their freekin business if you ask me!
  • France not going to check people on their borders? Fine we can just send them straight back to you! To enter Aus you need a valid return ticket and I cant see why we cant do that?

Truth is things will change if we stay in or if we leave. I just think we are already different form main land Europe. Differences is what makes us strong.

Buddsy

It's simple, we put the border on the boat - when the guy comes on the boat at Calais or wherever his status is checked - no passport and no visa, he gets thrown off the boat back on to the dock. Not our problem.

At the train station we have a border check. No passport or Visa, no get off the train and you go back with it to France. Not our problem.

I don't really see how hard it is / will be. We can also report the French to the Euro court of human rights for not properly processing the asylum seekers or giving them asylum. Not that the French ever take much notice of the rules anyway.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Just control the ports......

in an airport - until you have cleared customs you have not officially entered. Like in oz - you don't clear - whoosh - back you go.....NEXT. Just do the same for the Chunnel and the seaports.

and we can employ loads of border guards to do this with the money we are saving - happy days

• Like 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Wow - now that's a tump of words good man. All of it spot on.

i just hope it's out - they can all stick it - we will be fine. We will in fact be Greater Britian out than in.  All this talk is simply bollox, smoke and mirrors with a heavy heap of piffle. The spin doctors and big businesses are all playing dirty - it's a complete disgrace.

we need plain simple facts. Forget the Unknown argument .... That's [email protected] as well. We never get the Unknown being banded around as scare tactics at the general election times - and let's face it none of us really know what the winning side will do - manifestos have been universally ignored for years!!

out we will be free. Out we can deport criminals - do what we want with benefits - scrap the human rights act for murders and terrorists - limit rubbish imports - deal with eu tax fraud - stop sending benefits cash to Eastern Europe. Best of all - we can stick two fingers up to hitlers reincarnate grand-daughter Angela Merkel.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Oh yes - bloody forgot them bent cucumbers we'd have to put up with.........

or worse - the too bent bananas.....

thank god for Europe.....

Only here once

• Gold FFM
15 minutes ago, Andyww said:

All true. But apparently for a large number of people roaming charges and clean beaches are the important issues.

I guess the old saying of " you get the govt/politicians you deserve" is true then.

I'm sure some thick wastral [email protected] will vote purely on the colour of the logo for in or out. Jeez.... ;)

In the EU there is a "Council of Europe" and a "European Council". There is a website which explains that they are definitely NOT the same thing.

There is also the "Council of the European Union".

It reminds me so much of the Life of Brian "Judean Peoples Front" vs "Peoples Front of Judea". 

The similarities are endless, the fact they sit around in meetings all day which achieve nothing. The EU cant even make up its mind where its HQ should be and the whole lot moves between Strasbourg and Brussels at huge cost every month. It would be funny if it were not so serious.

• Like 1

Andy, that must have taken an age to put down!  But I'm not sure why you think my first post here was aimed at Andy W, if it was in response to Andy W I would have mentioned his name.  

Well done for doing your research mate and forming your own opinions.

Andy W, I don't really care about roaming charges mate, in the grand scheme it's a bit of a non-issue, can't say anyone I've discussed the referendum with cares about it.  I think immigration is going to be the decider, that's the thing most people seem interested in.

• Gold FFM

No, you've just miss read my post (I should have been clearer). You said 3 types of people on here I was saying I was type 4 then explaining why, focusing on fscts rather than anecdotes / press spin.

No issues for me ;)

This quote from Hollande scared me today:

warns against an EU exit, saying membership offers more "security and greater capacity to project power".

This is back to the Single Federal State. I thought we projected collective power through NATO not the EU. Silly me.....

• Like 1

Liam Fox was on R4 today and said that the Le Touquet Agreement (the one that means we check immigration status in France, not the UK) is an agreement made in 2003 between 2 sovereign states and nothing to do with the EU. As with all people heading to the UK all over the world, their immigration status is checked at point of embarkation and not destination and that's the same in France as it is elsewhere. France acknowledge that if they changed this agreement, the amount of asylum seekers heading to the NW of France to 'chance' getting into the UK would increase exponentially and create a humanitarian crisis, it's not going anywhere. 

I'll be voting for us to leave. The main reason is the obvious corruptness of the Brussels gang who are in it for themselves and also such ECHR rulings that mean that we are the only country in the world apart from China where you are guilty unless you can prove your innocence. That, and a million other rules imposed by those who have no interest in the UK other than their own interests. 

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

thats disgusting

most run down inner city areas have been suffering from this sort of thing for years.

the issues in Calais have been misreported and none of these problems are being discussed properly. The real residents of Calais have no voice - it's a pattern - anyone speaking up against such issues in our country is immediately branded a racist or the like and arrested or harassed by the authorities. There are areas in london and some other big cities that are no go sharia areas.....how is that right.

we must get control of our own country to do something about this.

Only here once

Well said Iain Duncan Smith:

EU Stay Campaign "Desperate and Unsubstantiated". 

"The acrimonious manner in which all this has been conducted is troubling, and will I fear have consequences long beyond 23 June," he said.

"After all, such desperate and unsubstantiated claims are now being made that they begin to damage the very integrity of those who make them in the eyes of the public."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-eu-referendum-35720065

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

This was the most telling story on the Calais issue. This was not reported by the BBC nor Guardian I suspect.

http://www.breitbart.com/london/2015/10/08/refugee-charity-stops-aid-to-calais-because-97-are-men-with-no-real-reason-to-be-there/

I think that the UK is not going to sink into the ocean, should you hopefully vote out of the ec.

And come on, as long as there is Money to be made, people will try to do so, and create Companies, trade with each other and so on.

Before the ec, there were plenty of other agreements that made it easier to trade, cross borders etc. This will just arise once more.

I have no problem in showing my passport when crossing a border. At least that would put a (small) stop to illegal crossing of immigrants, smuglers, and other types.

For Christ sake, get out while you have the chance! Take control over your own country, and put a stop to foreing rule. Your ancestors have fought for you and you shouldn't give it away to someone else, just because they have a big pr department and lot's of (your) spending Money.

See you on the other side ;)

Jacques.

• Like 1

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

• Gold FFM

I recall when the Scottish vote was happening, I very much wanted them to remain "in" but didn't see how that could happen - most people I spoke with wanted "out", and also the "in" campaign was an utter shambles. Not unlike the EU campaign, I think they pushed far too heavy on "things that will go wrong if the others win" rather than trying to sell the merits of their own viewpoint.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

unfortunately James, there are a large number of people in the UK who not only believe what they read but that are scared by what they are told. Speaking to a few young ladies the other day (I have kids all around 18-25...I wasn't hunting them down) they all believed 100% what they were being told. One said to me "I won't be able to go on holiday to Spain anymore" and another said "I don't want to lose my job so want in!" She worked in retail in a fashion store.

This is what the In campaign is about. They know they won't get the vote of people who stop and think and are intelligent. (I know you want in but thats because you work between here and Europe. 99% of those wanting to vote "In" have absolutely no reason to fear coming out, they have just been scared and pressured into it!

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM

Don't forget I am also a German Sleeper agent. When the results come in there'll be a code word and I will automatically report back to headquarters in Munich sehr schnell!

• Like 2

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

I was with a group of friends in the pub last night and we got around to this subject, all were "out" apart from two, who are non-policical types who dont have a great interest in the way of the world.

So, when asked why they wanted to stay in:

Phil: "I want to stay in because if we come out we will need to show passports when we go on holiday"

Andy: "But we already have to do that, to go to Europe"

Phil: "Oh yes I suppose so. But it will all become much more difficult so I am still voting to stay in"

Dave "I want to stay in because they have got rid of roaming charges"

Andy "Aaaaaarggghhhh!!!!!"

• Bibs changed the title to Brexit