free hit
counters
Brexit - Page 62 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Buddsy said:

There was a brexit thing on look east the other night. They are driving around in a Mini with a Union Flag on the Bonnet (I thought the Mini was German? but still)

They were at the port of Felixstowe and the man was saying all the goods coming from the EU at present doesn't get checked by customs etc so once we leave all these good would need checking and would need more customs officials.

Hmm thought I. Fair point. Then he goes on to say 1/4 of all the good arriving at Felixstowe comes from the EU.....

So I took it as thats 3/4 of all the goods coming from the rest of the world which they must already be checking for customs etc. 

So if there is no problem with MOST of the goods coming in I dont see why the BBC are fear mongering over this... :getmecoat:oh right sorry yes i do

buddsy

That report on Look East was the biggest load of bull shine I'd ever heard, although the whole thing with the mini was nothing but a joke

A % of current EU imports are randomly checked and not all ROW imports are checked since many come through "approved" agents from "approved" senders. They also eluded to the fact that imports accounted for the whole of the Port's container business which is unbelievably so far off the mark it sits alongside that penalty miss by Beckham in some tournament a few years ago.

Then, to cap it all, last night they said "Brexit will have a major negative impact on the Port of Felixstowe's business" That's all, no how and why, just an highly slanted sweeping statement. 

BBC reporters, don't make me laugh or get me started on the stupid questions that the bint who is supposed to be their political correspondent asks  :wallbash:

Come on, we are talking about Look East here, they have ravaged most of the local hospitals in East Anglia to no good effect, just driven down morale of those left trying their hardest to do a good job - personally if I ever meet Susie Fowler Twat, she'll wish she hadn't.

They are the most useless bunch of *ankers I've ever seen on TV.

• Like 1

Is the price for that bit in Yen or £?

Well Im glad it wasnt just me...it cant just be us few on here that notices this going can it? Or is it  Joe Public who only drives a normal car with his 2.4 children doesnt see beyond what hes told?

2 minutes ago, oilmagnet477 said:

They are the most useless bunch of *ankers I've ever seen on TV.

hahah I see what you did there!

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

The BBC were at it again later today. They had a 5 minute report saying that European air travel is going to fall apart the minute we leave. After all this scaremongering they mentioned in one sentence right at the end that the boss of Easyjet considers there wont be a problem at all as a replacement to the EU Open Skies agreement will easily be made simply because its in nobodys interest not to have an agreement.

• Gold FFM

That Scottish Bitch is at it again. 

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-39449459

i want a vote - my vote says kick them out of the uk !! Should save us £20bn. 

Only here once

The Spanish are now hoping to hold us to ransom over Gibraltar, threatening to close their airspace. Fine, off you go and do it, then. We'll just lay on a sun bed watching repeats of "Benidorm", and go elsewhere for a holiday.

Margate Exotics.

According to Wiki, tourism makes up 11% of the Spanish economy, and keeps 2 million people employed. If us Brits are capable of voting to leave the EU, then the bulldog spirit will surely prevail.

Margate Exotics.

I remember the same doomsday predictions when get got closer to year 2000...

Nuff' said.

Just don't give that woman on that tv program the attention she craves for. Simple as that.

Oh! Wait! getting out of the ec Means happy days, as you no longer have to lie flat to the ec tossers, and make Lotus sportscars with normal headlights, but can re-invent double pop-up headlights.

Happy days ;)

Jacques.

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

1 hour ago, ian29gte said:

The Spanish are now hoping to hold us to ransom over Gibraltar, threatening to close their airspace. Fine, off you go and do it, then. We'll just lay on a sun bed watching repeats of "Benidorm", and go elsewhere for a holiday.

Dont forget the Spanish are really tetchy about Scotland leaving us and joining the EU as the Catalonians and Basques what to break away from Spain...Maybe we should threaten to make it a deal for Scotland to stay in the EU if they do vote to leave after Brexit.

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

How on earth did he get elected to this position ...... Oh wait ...... that's not how the EU works is it.

• Gold FFM

Well that was a bloody stupid thing to post, no!  Here I am sat in the lounge at the Airport trying to get home for the weekend before bloody flying out again Sunday night and I'm spitting my claret all over the laptop and the woman in the seat next to mines plate of crackers and cheese, crying tears of laughter whilst watching what some stupid pillock has just posted on here.  Arrrghhhh    :thumbup:

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Ah Spain, one of the biggest "takers" from the EU pot and probably the most corrupt nation in the EU. You can always rely on them to pitch curved balls.

it is the European Parliament's inability to bring them in to line over the years that demonstrates why the EU's current format needs drastic reforms.

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

Due to the Italian dominance of that award, the EU created a new award to stimulate fresh interest and move the game on. The Dysfunctional Award. Only Greece and Italy in the running and it's very much a race to the bottom to see who can collect the least tax whilst racking up the highest public sector pension bill.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Doubt it Ian the girl in the travel agents couldn't understand why we were doing it and was aghast that I suggested they stop selling Spanish holidays.

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

49 minutes ago, pete said:

Doubt it Ian the girl in the travel agents couldn't understand why we were doing it and was aghast that I suggested they stop selling Spanish holidays.

Probably a Remainer.

(Spits.)

As far as I can make out, if we stop buying fruit, vegetables, and holidays from Spain, that should do it.

Margate Exotics.

54 minutes ago, ian29gte said:

As far as I can make out, if we stop buying fruit, vegetables, and holidays from Spain, that should do it.

Will have zero effect, the Spaish authorities will just sit back, shrug their shoulders and say the decline in the economy from such action will just mean a bigger hand out from the EU.

After all, in their eyes, that's what the EU is for isn't it. Grab as much as you can whilst ignoring every edict of EU legislation that doesn't suit them.

• Bibs changed the title to Brexit