free hit
counters
Brexit - Page 134 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Chillidoggy said:

In fact apart from a decent meal of moules marinere and a baguette, I’m struggling to think of anything I’d miss.

Go on, admit it, you'd miss a decent "french kiss"!

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
4 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Not from you, I wouldn't.

Well I doubt any one else would be willing!  ;)

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

You are very welcome to have an entente cordiale with Angular Marvel and whether you wear clean underdungers is up to you but she will have her best lederhosen pressed and crisp I am sure. 

11 minutes ago, march said:

There is always the Turkish part of Cyprus - it's great for money laundering (so I hear).

They have restriction on visa will only give 30 days at present, if you want residency its quite expensive. Couldn't tell you how I know............. ;)

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

2 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

Can I just say that I’m not remotely worried about a possible increase in the price of French goods, be that Brie, wine, onions or letters because I never buy them anyway.

I’d also never buy a French car, and if Brexit means I can no longer afford a holiday in France, so be it, there will be plenty of other places ready to accommodate us.

In fact apart from a decent meal of moules marinere and a baguette, I’m struggling to think of anything I’d miss.

Dick Strawbridge must be worried, that big château relying on weddings from the UK.

• Haha 1

Amateurs built the Ark

Professionals built the Titanic

"I haven't ridden in cars pulled by cows before" "Bullocks, Mr.Belcher" "No, I haven't, honestly"

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, march said:

There is always the Turkish part of Cyprus - it's great for money laundering (so I hear).

Trust a farmer to know where to take his cash!  :sofa:

• Haha 2

• Gold FFM

Will the Spanish still like us to buy/rent homes and go on holidays within their borders, and spend our money after 1/1/20? or will they just carry on siphoning Russian Oligarchy stolen funds in our place?

And the fact he wil need to become a French citizen if he wishes to stay more than 45days in any 90

• Like 1

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, thebartman said:

Will the Spanish still like us to buy/rent homes and go on holidays within their borders, and spend our money after 1/1/20?

They never did like us and don't now. They just like our cash and to exploit us.

If you look at the things Boris is holding firm on I totally understand why we are heading towards a no deal. The BBC always quotes the Fishing Rights, but thats just a minor part of it and they quote it because it makes the whole refusal thing sound rediculous, which suits their anti Brexit agenda. But many of the items we are not getting, non EU countries get already! Like Canada free trade and the Japanese Bi-Lateral trade deal!

• Like 2

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Still trying to extend the negotiations I see. What can they resolve in the next couple of days that they haven’t managed in the past 4 1/2 years?

Also if no deal by 31.12.20, then we can probably kiss goodbye to any hope of a free trade deal for at least a generation. Why would the EU consider re-opening negotiations when we’re fully out, having failed to achieve a deal during the past 4 1/2 years? I am sure there will be no appetite to start again.

Labour being as constructive as they normally are and calling for Boris to secure a deal.

Well Starmer and your army of frontbencher thicko’s, are you prepared to accept what is currently on offer? Why don’t our useless media ask them the question rather than merely reporting their demands 😠

• Like 1

We’ve heard all the media reports about how all life as we know it will end in the U.K. come 1st January, but nothing much about the likely effects on the other EU member states.

I did see a piece today about French fisherman moaning that post-Brexit, the Dutch are likely to be taking all ‘their’ fish, though.

Oh, and one from ‘The Independent’ (rampant left-wingers, and anything but independent) about how Brits would effectively be banned from holidaying in the EU. After reading it, it turned out to be the usual load of Independent bollocks, however it made me wonder whether the leisure industry the EU member states that benefit from British tourism would be supportive of such a move. Especially the likes of Spain, and France, who would be on course to lose a packet.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

^^^ Spot on @pete

5 minutes ago, pete said:

Why ? Because some smaller EU countries will put pressure on them.

Which Macron will ignore because he's up for reelection soon & nothing matters more to him than retaining power & if the likes of Ireland is screwed? So what 😃

As for Starmer, he'll sit on the fence until the dust settles then pick over the bones & wait for his chance to give everything away & open the floodgates to immigrants & refugees.

• Like 2

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

Yes macron is trying to impress the French electorate and has until 2022 to succeeed However he is vastly unpopular in France particularly in the south where they call him a Rothschild puppet.

Latest opinion pols there have nearly 65% not approving of him. He has just announced that the EU should increase the pressure on UK as we are close to giving in.( must be listening to Starker)

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Bibs changed the title to Brexit