free hit
counters
Brexit - Page 145 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

This is my favourite Saxon church in N Yorks (Gregorys Minster).  Those solar panels are a dead givaway on your example that its a fake :)  I guess there have been plenty of modifications and additions in the last 1000+ years.

Oh yeah back to Brexit.  Its amusing how the media have been hovering around for immediate chaos that seems to be noticably absent...  They have even struggled to get negative soundbites at te port.   

St Gregory's Minster, Kirbymoorside, Kirkdale, North Yorkshire, England,  United Kingdom Stock Photo - Alamy

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM
22 minutes ago, 910Esprit said:

Those solar panels are a dead givaway on your example that its a fake

Oh for crying out loud fake news has now spread to TLF?

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

There’s a shortage of fake news @C8RKH - it’s because of Brexit and the lack of being able to import it you see

• Haha 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM
21 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

There’s a shortage of fake news @C8RKH - it’s because of Brexit and the lack of being able to import it you see

To be honest Barry I'm quite fearful that everything is so quiet. Calm before the storm, or, was it all just a storm in a tea cup?  I'm really not sure.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

I agree that the solar panels are a later addition :) , but trust me, the church isn't fake.

I'm trying to think of a Brexit connection, and the best I can come up with is that I've noticed the sun doesn't shine as often since we left the EU - I don't think that's a coincidence.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM
35 minutes ago, Neal H said:

I agree that the solar panels are a later addition :) , but trust me, the church isn't fake.

I'm trying to think of a Brexit connection, and the best I can come up with is that I've noticed the sun doesn't shine as often since we left the EU - I don't think that's a coincidence.

Our sun quota is only for May, July and September and the Frenchies are threatening to withdraw that if we don't comply with the rules, which, they haven't sent to us yet.

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

I spoke to soon, the end is nigh and the bad news is starting to flood the ticker network...

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-01-06/resurgent-ftse-100-kicks-off-2021-with-best-ever-start-to-a-year

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

@C8RKH isn’t it funny the Brussels Broadcast Company has missed this completely. I do distinctly recalled a few 0.1% crashes due to Brexit they did report on. 

how strange 

Anyone else think we should rush to rejoin before the food runs out?

Only here once

Well, I supported Brexit by buying a lot of books from you guys some time in November, as noone here seems to care write them in Danish anymore, now that everything seems to be forced into being English language. Even after Brexit. So that's one legacy...

Only problem is, that they were stuck in the gigantic truck jam at Dover, so they arrived well after Christmas.

Oh well, things suddenly seems to be as they always were.

I guess we'll all survive after all, despite the black, dark, doomsday prophecies.

Kind regards,

Jacques

Nobody does it better - than Lotus ;)

12 hours ago, Jacques said:

Only problem is, that they were stuck in the gigantic truck jam at Dover, so they arrived well after Christmas.

That was caused by President Macron shutting Calais in an total overreaction about the new CV19 strain, nothing to do with Brexit. 

It doesn't seem that different to the sort of thing you can see on the TV shows about Australia or New Zealand, where travellers have some snacks 9things they planned to eat during the trip) confiscated (different to when they have food confiscated that they were importing in suitcases etc).  I now it's stupid that just a few days earlier the exact same food would have been OK to take to the Netherlands etc, and the rules for producing the food haven't altered in the days since 31st December, but I guess there has to be a line in the sand.

• Bibs changed the title to Brexit
12 minutes ago, Neal H said:

Rules are rules. I remember having an apple confiscated at US immigration many years ago.

I can recall that you were not allowed to take oranges into California - even if coming from the neighbouring state - as we found out in 2001 when travelling in the US. The oranges came from breakfast at our previous hotel.

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

Why didn’t he just eat the sandwiches first?

Or just conveniently place it out of sight and out of mind!  I agree though, those are the rules and when you fly back into the UK it has always said in the customs walkthrough the list of "food items" you are not allowed to bring into the country. The ham might be new to the list but the lists have always been there!  It's just stirring BS news as it's a quiet news day. I mean, nothing really momentous has happened in a while now.

• Gold FFM

I quite agree - rules is rules,  tough - read the new rules and deal with it . Eat before you go, or buy something at the Port or on the ferry - unless eating a beef stew would be considered either importing POAO or smuggling contraband ?

At least the Dutch customs bloke thought it was funny (ludicrous) but he was doing his job according to the new rules WITH a sense of humour.

Wonder how many at Dover/ Harwich etc.  would treat incoming visitors ?

PS - Don't forget - only 200 Cigs for personal consumtion allowed when coming back from a holiday 🤣

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM
4 hours ago, andydclements said:

I now it's stupid that just a few days earlier the exact same food would have been OK to take to the Netherlands etc, and the rules for producing the food

I’m sure there’s certain plant based “foods” you ain’t allowed to bring back from that general area.

Only here once

17 minutes ago, SFO said:

The press still struggling to find any newsworthy Brexit story ...

I'd say having to spend an extra 2 grand on an 'average' new car is newsworthy.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry-news/ford-fiesta-st-and-puma-st-prices-rise-“due-brexit”

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, thebartman said:

Wonder how many at Dover/ Harwich etc.  would treat incoming visitors ?

I think you'd be surprised how many would be accommodating. Based on travelling extensively across Europe for work the Brits officials are usually far less "official" than most in Europe.

• Gold FFM
15 minutes ago, jerzybondov said:

I'd say having to spend an extra 2 grand on an 'average' new car is newsworthy.

https://www.autocar.co.uk/car-news/industry-news/ford-fiesta-st-and-puma-st-prices-rise-“due-brexit”

Not really as it is not EVERY new car is it? Just buy a car that does not have overseas components that push it over the "tarriff-free access". The "free" market economics will act just like when the car tax groups changed. Some manufacturers will boom and some will bust as a result.  Maybe those "few" US components could be made in the UK thereby negating the issue?  Oh, there's a thought?

Wonder how much of that £2k is Ford being opportunist? Oh silly me. They'd NEVER do anything like that would they to cash in on one of their best models for years....:whistle:

• Like 1