free hit
counters
Brexit - Page 46 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Brexit

Barrykearley

• Gold FFM
3 hours ago, 100th_Idiot said:

Maybe but the EU is not one country. So while Germany and France may have a lot to lose the other 25 states have much less and they all need to ratify any new deal. It's going to take a lot of arm twisting.

Andy, have you not been paying attention? The EU is Germany and France, or so they seem to think. The two sharks, with 25 little fish tagging along picking up the scraps. 

3 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I beg to differ. i have a feeling in my water ( hopefully not cystitis! ) that the reason May is keeping her powder dry is that she has a cunning plan. I think she will invoke A50 on time. Then after a short period og negotiating bluster she will declare negotiations over. Ireconcilable differences will be declared and negotiations will cease.

We will then invoke standard WTO trade tariffs ( which we will be able to ) and she will declare Britain open for business. Our corporation tax will be reduced by say 5-7% which will negate most of the tariffs and the pound will fall further making us a lower cost manufacturing location too. Our obsession with German cars will continue but they will be priced as a much higher premium product due to tariff and pound values resulting in a significant loss of revenues to said German car makers. one of Europes most significant export markets will start to dry up. Sending the already crippled Eurozone economy into a downward death spiral. The faceless euro bureaucrat shits will sense panic is setting in and a deal will be done to give us access to the single market without the majority of the other baggage.

The world order will be restored. Britain will be Great again.

You see you are merely an idiot. As you can see, I, am a fully paid up & certified lunatic!  

@C8RKH for president, brilliant take.

Back to the previous comments about Nicola Sturgeon, I've never seen such an open ant shut case of racism,  the hatered  for the English that comes from that ridiculous evil woman is beyond belief. 

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

I'm thinking about changing my name by deed pool to "Ronald Fart" and running for prime minister!  "Together, we will make Britain Great again!"

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Im not trying to sound melodramatic nor do I wish to be see to incite violence of any kind but if we do not leave the EU I honestly believe there could be serious consequences to the state of the nation. The remainians have given us leavers so much grief over the last few months. Im sure a state of civil war would easily ensue.

Buddsy

• Like 2

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

16 minutes ago, Buddsy said:

Im not trying to sound melodramatic nor do I wish to be see to incite violence of any kind but if we do not leave the EU I honestly believe there could be serious consequences to the state of the nation. The remainians have given us leavers so much grief over the last few months. Im sure a state of civil war would easily ensue.

Buddsy

I am not sure thats the case. I think there would be a bit of a kerfuffle and then it would die down. 

If anything happens which the rabid Left object to, thats a different matter. Poll tax riots for example or those senseless protests like the Million Mask thing the other day, but the people who voted Leave are the silent majority. They (or we) are not even active on social media. I cant remember seeing a pro-leave post on Facebook, but a constant stream of whinging remainers have never let up since the referendum.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, C8RKH said:

I beg to differ. i have a feeling in my water ( hopefully not cystitis! ) that the reason May is keeping her powder dry is that she has a cunning plan. I think she will invoke A50 on time. Then after a short period og negotiating bluster she will declare negotiations over. Ireconcilable differences will be declared and negotiations will cease.

We will then invoke standard WTO trade tariffs ( which we will be able to ) and she will declare Britain open for business. Our corporation tax will be reduced by say 5-7% which will negate most of the tariffs and the pound will fall further making us a lower cost manufacturing location too. Our obsession with German cars will continue but they will be priced as a much higher premium product due to tariff and pound values resulting in a significant loss of revenues to said German car makers. one of Europes most significant export markets will start to dry up. Sending the already crippled Eurozone economy into a downward death spiral. The faceless euro bureaucrat shits will sense panic is setting in and a deal will be done to give us access to the single market without the majority of the other baggage.

Provided leave doesnt get scuppered by the people (ab)using legal mechanisms, thats the most likely scenario. David Davis is a competent enough guy and I am sure he has thought of this. The whinging that the remainers go on about having no plan is nonsense. The above very likely is the plan but of course nobody can admit to this up front for obvious reasons.

The German industry bodies have already told Merkel that they want a free trade deal with the UK some time ago.

A 10% tariff on German car imports, while it lasts, would be useful extra revenue to offset reduction in corporation tax.

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I think @Buddsy that whilst Civil War may not ensue, after all, we'd need to sit down, have a cup of tea and chocolate hob knob before we went to war, it would create massive divisions across the UK as whole that would take many years to heal, if they healed at all.

All the focus is on the doom and gloom of Brexit. Look at the Eurozone. Switzerland walked away and said no thanks.  Turkey have just about said get stuffed - it's coming.  The other states wanting in to the EU are poorer who eye the prize of EU internal investment and subsidies to help them grow after years of decline ( granted thanks to the old communist regimes).  The common market is growing in terms of people, but the size or the value of the market is not growing to the same extent.  This is going to put massive pressure on the "healthier" economies - the German, the French, The Dutch et al, will all be expected to pay and contribute for this growth. How much more will they take?

I truly believe the Eurozone is heading for a correction. The removal of our huge levy and crucially our huge import market, is going to leave a cataclysmic whole in the EU's finances. That is why they will negotiate hard and try to crucify us. That is why we need to call no success in negotiation and go it under WTO deals. Will the reaminers take full responsibility in the event of the Eurozone crashing in the future and if we are apart of it, crashing us too?  Of course they won't, they just look to find someone else to blame.  At least Brexiteers had or have the stomach to actually do something, to strive for something different, as opposed to just maintaining the status quo through fear of change.

And it looks like Trump has one. Wow, what a year in politics. The establishment must be trembling all over the western world. France next? Then Germany?  The people will see that anything, including change, is now possible. Wow, talk about the "people" being empowered. The world is now a very scary place to live. Let's hope we can rise up to the challenge, overcome the fear, and make it a better, fairer and more just world.  

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Well I notice this morning all and I mean ALL the people on my facebook who have been crying for the last few months about the doom of Brexit are all commenting about the Trump vote. Its an odd thing they seem to feel their say and moaning will change something somehow?

Buddsy

31 minutes ago, Mark Blanchard said:

Trump described Brexit as a "Great Victory."  With him as President now my guess is there more chance of the UK getting a good trade deal with the States. 

Indeed. Fortunately in general the UK politicians have resisted the temptation to slag him off, knowing that they might have to work with him. This is despite being repeatedly goaded into doing so by journalists and on BBC Question Time.

Trump will likely be totally out of his depth as president and he might even see the UK as a country to look towards for guidance, which would put us in a very good position. The French, Germans etc must be pissing themselves this morning. 

• Like 2

Sturgeon wasn't smart enough to keep quiet and threw her weight behind Clinton yesterday when all the polls were suggesting she would win. Not to mention withdrawing his Business Ambassador status last year. I guess Wee Jimmy will have some 'sookin up' to do if he does appear at Prestwick airport anytime soon 

Edited by j2 lot
Spelling

On 11/8/2016 at 13:45, 100th_Idiot said:

And maybe buy some dollars.

No problem. I will buy your pounds at 1 to 1 parity. P.M me at your earliest opportunity.:lol:

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

13 hours ago, Andyww said:

Trump will likely be totally out of his depth as president

Initially quite the case. 

His selection of Secretary of State will be telling...

Image result

Being second is to be the first of the ones who lose.

can we send the ones who want to stay in up to Scotland

then they can have their independence too.......

job done

oh...and a bit of repointing to Hadrians masonry

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

1 hour ago, theelanman said:

can we send the ones who want to stay in up to Scotland

then they can have their independence too.......

job done

oh...and a bit of repointing to Hadrians masonry

So that's where Trump got the idea from.

Margate Exotics.

I think we should set up a petition for all Brexit & Trump moaners to be sent to Scotland with wee Jimmy & cut them out from the UK then let them try to join the EU and make their way selling their oil & gas.

Apologies to any of our Scottish chums who voted to say part of the UK and for Brexit...maybe you could just do a house swap with those others from here! ;-)

Buddsy

• Like 1

• Gold FFM

I'll start the ball rolling.

No and Brexit voting guy. 4 bed detached house, rural Perthshire. Stunning views, 0.5 acre garden and huge garage. 

Looking to swap with a whinging remainer from Norfolk, similar size house etc. Close proximity to Hethel an added bonus / incentive.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

I think you were being overly generous with the middle age moniker.

• Gold FFM

So Obama says his first transition meeting with Trump was excellent and this:

US President-elect Donald Trump has invited Theresa May to visit Washington in a phone call in which both stressed the importance of UK/US relations.

Downing Street said Mr Trump had spoken of his warmth and personal connections with the UK while Mrs May congratulated him on his victory.

Mr Trump, who mother was Scottish, said the UK was a "very, very special place for me and for our country" No 10 said.

The two shared a "desire to strengthen bilateral trade and investment".

Back the front of the queue!

• Bibs changed the title to Brexit