free hit
counters
Brexit - Page 49 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

well.......its looking dodgey 'en continent'......the Italian have just vote No

the French are looking to do something similar....

and there are votes coming in Belgium and Germany.........

might not need to worry about Brexit after all if it goes pop on its own........

good job we didn't join the single currency

• Like 1

The Faster You Drive...The Slower You Age

(Albert Einstein  14 March 1879 - 18 April 1955)

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM

The EU have been "on the news" saying it's a none vote, all an internal constitutional issue in Italy and nothing to do with the EU. At the same time, Carrefour noted a surge in sales over the weekend in Brussels, Paris and Berlin. Apparently a lot of politicians were buying buckets and sand.

The worry for France is that whether or not this had anything to do with the EU, it is yet another example of what they call "popular politics" winning and that really plays into the hands of Le Pen.  The French political elite have very successfully banded together to keep Le pen caged, but how long before the people of the Republic crash down the doors of the cage and let Le Pen out.

I'm waiting to see what happens in the Netherlands, it's been a while but maybe the Dutch will find some courage.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

What would really help now is some decent political input from tony Blair :rofl:

that should end all the ifs and buts

Only here once

15 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

What would really help now is some decent political input from tony Blair :rofl:

that should end all the ifs and buts

Not words you'd normally see in the same sentence.

• Like 2

Margate Exotics.

The EU is like a slow crashing train.  I wished it would get on with it and die.  Then Europe can go back to comprising of independant Countries who can regulate their own currencies and individually grow their economies.  Then their inhabitants will be wealthy enough to go out and buy Lotus's.

• Like 1
22 hours ago, C8RKH said:

It's funny with all the remoaners. Don't they realise that Europe does not, and never has done, wanted us to be a part of their club with the exception of the Germans.

Europe does not want us, all it wants is access to us as consumers and for us to pay up into its coffers every year a vast sum of money.

That's it. to the EU we are the cash cow that keeps on giving.

Not one remoaner has even stopped to think about the basic fact that we IMPORT FAR MORE than we export to the central market. So in whose biggest interest is it that we ratain access to the single market?

Why on earth should we pay to go to a market where we pay far more for goods than what we get for selling goods?

Christ, are people so stupid that common sense has been killed off by emotive fillybuster and bullshit?

Sometimes I wonder why I just don't get a magnum of vodka, some ice and a kilo of limes and just drink myself to oblivion. Even in that state I think I'd have more common sense and understanding than these liberal idiots.... I really need to stop being so tolerant.

The problem is, as a leaver, this is not one of the better arguments as I have mentioned before on here, and one the remainers can quite easily shoot down, so I tend to steer clear of this one!

Its really only the Germans who would be concerned about this, especially the car makers. The single market does mean quite a lot to the UK but the UK being in the single market is of little concern to each of the other members of it.

Negotiations are done between the UK and other member countries so the overall trade imbalance is not really relevant.

We should just abandon the single market as we are unlikely to get a deal but if we are able to, then so much the better.

• Gold FFM

Has anyone done the math to work out how much it would cost us in extra tariffs to sell what we currently sell, and buy what we currently buy, through the common market on WTO tariffs?

Would be interested to see the additional  "cost" of using WTO versus the cost we would be levied to stay in the common market.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Ummm - who cares about the maths.....

id let Audi, BMW, Mercedes, vw, Porsche, Bugatti and all the other German manufacturers worry about that. Oh - and they will - big time

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Ooooh, yes. There we go. Hum, yes, just what we needed....

http://www.bbc.com/news/video_and_audio/headlines/38268659

Strange when so much fuss is rightly made about MPs expenses and cost of running government here but nobody seems to give a toss about how much the MEPs are costing us. 

The exorbitant cost of running the EU was certainly a large part of the reason why I voted to leave, and I imagine it hadn't been lost on others, too. Not that our MP's are any better, but we do get a chance to boot them into touch every so often, and they are allegedly subject to some half-arsed scrutiny. Mind you, the Parliamentary expenses overseers seem to operate with one eye shut.

• Like 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

The increasingly desperate politicians of the EU are now resorting to increasingly nefarious tactics to keep us in. They just cannot stop meddling with our internal affairs...

Do we really want more of this in the future? Are our children and the younger generation (18 - 30 ) really such a self obsessed, liberal, hippy tea supping, tree hugging and plain old stupid group that they are willing to just sleep walk into the future of Orwell, 1984 and Big Brother?

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/brexit-eu-citizenship-keep-freedom-of-movement-guy-verhofstadt-chief-negotiator-opt-in-passports-a7465271.html

Is this such a bad thing - easy movements for Brits in Europe whilst retaining management / control of our borders - am I missing something (are there hidden costs etc..) - I can blame sleep deprivation if I have got this completely wrong (bitch in season at the moment and lots of howling dogs all night!).

They have dangled the carrot but we wont get it unless free inward movement.

But, I believe allowing free movement dependent on a job and no benefits of any kind ever, would work. If I were the UK side thats what I would be offering. That would pretty much keep everyone reasonably happy.

• Gold FFM

I'd gladly volunteer to remove aforementioned carrot from the stick and shove it straight up the ass of any eurocrat you like - with force. Can't guarantee some barbed wire wouldn't find its way round the carrot first though 

Only here once

18 minutes ago, Andyww said:

They have dangled the carrot but we wont get it unless free inward movement.

Those sneaky foreigners, you just can't trust them.

20 minutes ago, Andyww said:

But, I believe allowing free movement dependent on a job and no benefits of any kind ever, would work. If I were the UK side thats what I would be offering. That would pretty much keep everyone reasonably happy.

This would be a sensible approach if it could be policed but based upon our recent brushes with the UK civil service I doubt they could manage a booze up in a brewery so would probably be a complete disaster.

• Gold FFM

Another lagal challenge by a Queen Counsel Barrister, who obviously believes he knows better than the Queens people what is right for them or what they did and did not vote for.

And to ensure he can circumvent the Quenns peoples wishes, voiced in a democratic process, he is doing it through an Irish Court - that's right the courts of a totally different sovereign state - in an attempt to influence the decision affecting the people of this state. By going through Ireland he is prompting, ney inviting, the European Court to intervene in our nation states business.

Totally shameful act of self indulgence in my humblest of opinions m' Lord and if said Barrister does not like it then he can pay the EU bribe and bugger off to the continent if he so wishes. 

http://news.sky.com/story/second-legal-challenge-to-brexit-could-be-tabled-in-irish-courts-10689932

I find this all very odd, because the EU line has been not to negotiate or even discuss anything until Article 50 has been triggered. So why do we get this previously staunch EU federalist apparently offering concessions right now?

I smell a rat.

• Like 2

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

Envoke out now. We could be out in weeks and put all this utter bull to the wall.

im sick and tired of it all now. Lies, smoke, mirrors, utter bullshit and eurocrat stupidity. I'd firmly like to see the germans come crawling to us rather than us needing to go and negotiate a deal.

WTO rules and let's be done with it. I much prefer cider to over ponced champagne anyhow

Won't be long and it will all fall like a pack of cards.

even Merkel now is looking like doing a massive u turn on immigration - she's terrified of loosing her control

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I would hate to see the Germans crawling towards us. I watched too many war films in my yoof. 

I would however be very happy to see them walk jauntily over to us and have a nice cup of tea, a scone with clotted cream, and a jointly negotiated nice little trade contract between our two great nations. :)

Maybe we could meet half way in Paris but just forget to invite the French PM. That would be cool - the 2017 Anglo-German trade deal signed in Paris. hahahaha.....

• Bibs changed the title to Brexit