free hit
counters
Brexit - Page 60 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

The French listed all their large food companies such as Danone on the list of companies which can be protected against takeover owing to grounds of national security. So all food, defence, power, transport, utilities, airports and cars are listed. 

I dont criticise them one bit. Anyone who runs a successful business knows its only a matter of how far you can bend the rules.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Andyww said:

The French listed all their large food companies such as Danone on the list of companies which can be protected against takeover owing to grounds of national security. So all fmcompanies are listed. 

Fixed that for you.

The sheer hypocrisy in the EU's response to Brexit is astounding in my view.

As for Indyref2, currently sat on the beach with the missus looking for property options around Norfolk, Suffolk and North/East Cambridgeshire. Seriously thinkibg of selling up and just leavibg whilst I still might be able to sell.

No rant or explosion. Just sadness and a mind numbing thought that a party who could not even get a majority of seats thinks it is speaking for all of Scotland. Beggers belief. 

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
8 hours ago, ian29gte said:

Indyref2: We might not let you move back into England without a visa.

I'll be back before the Indyref2 so no Visa needed. My house will be unsellable for a few years if the vote is Yes and I hate to think what the value will fall to.

I think quite a view will maybe make the move like me so less No voters to head off the nonsense. I really do not want to go through this again. It is going to get very very nasty as the SNP HAVE to win or Independence really is dead for a generation. 

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

11 hours ago, silverfrost said:

You Joke but i want a wall building even more so if the Scots some how manage to scrape a deal with the EU  to stay in.    

The only way that is going to happen is if the EU let them in just to spite the rest of the U.K.

With Brexit the EU is losing a big net contributor which they will have to find a way of funding. To allow another "nation" at that stage who will be a further big draw on EU funds to join would not make any financial sense whatsoever. 

But, then again, who knows what the EU bureaucrats will do to protect their self-perpetuation.

• Like 2

I have a cunning plan - We let Scotland leave but we delay leaving the EU long enough to veto them joining the EU as a new country and then sit back and watch SNP turn Scotland into a 3rd World nation state. As you can see I getting really bored of all these people trying to scupper DEMOCRATIC votes in favour of personal agendas. 

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Nicola's cunning plan will be for Scotland to follow the Norway / Sweden model with membership of the EEA. I'm not sure she has worked out you NEED TO PAY a levy to be in the EEA and you need to accept free movement of people. There are two clear implications of EEA membership (1) you have to accept free movement of people and (2) you cannot have your own trade deals so Scotland may, depending on the Brexit terms, lose their biggest trade partner in the rUK and will need a hard border re free movement of people. Wow. That is just mind blowing to me.

@march@march  I am not trying to scupper the democratic process for my own agenda. I am questioning hard how a party that could not even muster a simple majority devolved Government can claim to be speaking for the democratic majority!  So they certainly do not have a democratic majority to impose another referendum in their own right. Thank god for the frigging useless feckless tree hugging greens coming to their rescue! I'll not be going to court to stop it or try to usurp it. I'll not even demonstrate against it. I'll just vote with my feet and leave them to it. From next month I will be paying a higher tax bill than my peers who work in England for the first time ever to pay for more "free stuff" for others. It will only get worse if we get Independence. So, I'm out ( or will be anyway.... )

• Gold FFM

Why is no-one questioning Queen Nic re her mandate - from the BBC of all places: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-39264468  Hardly a ringing hell yes!

"First, do voters in Scotland want a second referendum? And second, how might they vote if an independence referendum were to be held any time soon?

During recent months, a number of polls have asked people in a variety of different ways whether there should be a second independence referendum within the next couple of years.

They have all obtained much the same answer. Around a half say there should not be, while between a third and two-fifths say there should.

Most recently, for example, a poll conducted by BMG Research published in Monday's Herald newspaper found that 39% believe that another referendum should be held prior to the conclusion of the Brexit negotiations, while 49% are opposed to the idea."

So if we were being truly democratic first we would have a referendum on whether we wanted one on Independence or not!

I bet the BBC is praying this will come true and that the Scotland keeps in the EU as the BBC will still be able to gets its grubby mitts on the EU funding ! 

Queen nic the shxt sterer she should called !

wee-jimmy.jpg.dd2508d685ae879ea6b9c6bb848ddd18.jpg

A

• Gold FFM

For anyone in Scotland who is interested.

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/180642/signatures/new

BBC gets a bashing from MP's on it's Brexit coverage.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-39335904

"A group of 72 MPs have written to the BBC accusing it of being pessimistic and skewed in its Brexit coverage - in the months since the vote on the EU."

BBC response:

A BBC spokesman said: "While we are always live to our critics and understand that passions are running high on all sides of the debate, it is the job of the BBC to scrutinise and analyse the issues on behalf of the public and to hold politicians to account across the political spectrum.

"That is what the BBC has been doing. It is what the BBC will continue to do. It is precisely because of this, that the public trusts the BBC."

Looks like they going to ignore the criticism

:) 

It's getting there......

Right, here's a classic example of a misleading BBC headline. Instead of it reading something like: "Independent Scotland risks a hit to its economy", oh, no, it's a deliberate pro-independence quote.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-39330702

Margate Exotics.

An example of how the BBC try to distort peoples' views.

On BBC East last night they visited the Port of Felixstowe and reported that when Brexit happens every single container coming into the country will have to undergo customs and other checking before it can be allowed to leave the port. They highlighted the amount of extra burden which will be placed upon the port and industry in general after Brexit. They also alluded to extra investment being needed to satisfy this burden in systems and people. Nope, wrong again, the systems are already there!

Well, first of all Mr BBC you need to understand that you should get your facts together before such misleading reporting. The Port of Felixstowe imports 70% of containers from outside of the EU and these containers already go through the checks that were alluded to. During the report the BBC did show a graph of where the imports come from but only flashed it on the screen very briefly and they never verbally referred to it.

Now Mr BBC, tell us that your reporting is not slanted and biased!

This issue of import customs and tariffs etc has been used by all the Remain media. Its nonsense. It is up to the UK what we do with imports. There is no need to do any more checking than we currently do, or impose tarrifs, unless we actually want to.

Not sure if anyone else saw the special Question Time last night. 

David Davies wiped the floor with the lot of them. Every point they raised he has a calmly reasoned answer for. Clegg was an absolute disgrace. He admitted that, as DD pointed out, if we have another referendum on the deal on offer, the EU will deliberately give us the worst possible deal in order that the people might reject it and we have to remain. Thats exactly what he wants.

Its amazing how misinformed some remainers are. One audience member stated that the government have voted not to give EU citizens living here any rights. They have done nothing of the sort, they voted not to do this unilaterally, but negotiate as a priority issue, along with British citizens in the EU. I am not sure if these people are deliberately mis-representing the truth or are simply thick.

33 minutes ago, ian29gte said:

And while we're on the subject of the BBC, I'd like to know why my licence fee is paying for this kind of nonsense:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/ws/languages

It's the BRITISH Broadcasting Corporation, isn't it? Or is it?

I believe these services are paid for by central government (ie taxpayers). They are a total waste of money. Non-English communities get their news by reading or watching their own countries news sources online. Nobody looks at these BBC services. 

2 hours ago, Andyww said:

Not sure if anyone else saw the special Question Time last night. 

David Davies wiped the floor with the lot of them. Every point they raised he has a calmly reasoned answer for. Clegg was an absolute disgrace. He admitted that, as DD pointed out, if we have another referendum on the deal on offer, the EU will deliberately give us the worst possible deal in order that the people might reject it and we have to remain. Thats exactly what he wants.

Its amazing how misinformed some remainers are. One audience member stated that the government have voted not to give EU citizens living here any rights. They have done nothing of the sort, they voted not to do this unilaterally, but negotiate as a priority issue, along with British citizens in the EU. I am not sure if these people are deliberately mis-representing the truth or are simply thick.

Was it just me or were they once again loading the audience in favour of remain when they should have had a representative number meaning more leavers?

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Bibs changed the title to Brexit