free hit
counters
Brexit - Page 99 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

It's been in the news recently that toast and roast dinners are just as bad for you! 

• Haha 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, jonwat said:

You couldn't make sh1t like this up, the UK giving money to the EU to take jobs from the UK.

Rant over, I feel better now. :rofl:

If you want an even more thorough rant: The EU gave grants to Ford to move the Transit plant from Southampton to TURKEY which isnt in even in the EU!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/taxpayers-millions-fuel-ford-transit-move-to-turkey-sjsdcmsn23k

3 hours ago, Neal H said:

What is import duty if not another tax. If all this comes true then the government is in for a tax windfall and they can then afford to give us all tax breaks to re-stimulate our spending. Or drop it into the black hole called the NHS.

Exactly. Many people in the media seem to forget this. They talk as if tariffs are a cost which disappears into some black hole.

37 minutes ago, Andyww said:

If you want an even more thorough rant: The EU gave grants to Ford to move the Transit plant from Southampton to TURKEY which isnt in even in the EU!

Muppets, and they're absolutely gobsmacked we voted out. :wallbash:

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

• 3 weeks later...
  • Gold FFM

Nah. All part of the master plan to leave with no deal as world trade rules!

It's just a game of who blinks first. 

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

This is panning out as I predicted some time ago, unfortunately.

Corbyn has now been persuaded to endorse a "peoples vote". Mays deal will get rejected, everything will be postponed during which time the pressure from the establishment will reach breaking point, a vote will be taken which will result in remaining. May will not care as she was a remainer. 

• Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Andyww said:

Corbyn has now been persuaded to endorse a "peoples vote".

Not according to the news I was reading tonight. He's back tracking again. But maybe I was watching Russian TV and it was all fake. Maybe I'm fake. I'm actually Tracey from Middlewich..... 🤪

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

15 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

I predict a riot

I see people are talking about if we do not leave on the 29th then they will stop the direct debit council tax payments until such time as we leave the EU.

Civil disobedience....

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

That kind of action is far better than rioting, which is mindless and destructive and what the French do.

It ends up with people such as the Police having to resist when they might well be on the same side.

• Like 2

Ive heard people say that will hit the wrong people etc. but like you said its not mindless destruction of property.

The Government promised to leave on the 29th and most average people promised to pay their council tax like the good people most of us are.

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

• Gold FFM
14 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

BD31974F-5895-4D6A-AD88-A1458AB13F40.png.5c2305ae81e181526660c5ecd7db7f51.png

That skip looks full, you should get another in Barry and finish the garage clear out properly.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Does not surprise me one bit. We are all sleepwalking through losing WWIII

Ffs (and I apologise for swearing, even in acronyms) it isn’t 1945, it’s 2019. They are our partners, our neighbours, in some cases our families. 

I think you should be ashamed of yourself for even posting such tripe and think you should take the opportunity to go and edit/ take back your post. (I’ll edit mine in turn)

Else I think you should think about whether or not you share the right values for this board. 

• Like 1
14 hours ago, Andyww said:

I think you can usefully discredit any reality of that article just by counting the number of exclamation marks. 🙄

• Gold FFM

@JG220 I think Barry has every right to express his opinions and last I looked the UK was a free country and censorship was not a way of life here - you should be ashamed of promoting censorship and preventing the right to freedom of speech in in my opinion. You need top think about whether or not you share the right values for this board.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

@JG220 I think Barry has every right to express his opinions and last I looked the UK was a free country and censorship was not a way of life here - you should be ashamed of promoting censorship and preventing the right to freedom of speech in in my opinion. You need top think about whether or not you share the right values for this board.

Yep, it’s a free country, but I thought on here at least we had a modicum of respect. 

Suggesting that we are at war with Europe is beyond the pale. 

In any case, aren’t you rather contradicting yourself if you defend Barry’s free speech and follow by a call for me to be silenced? 

• Like 1

I agree that it's hardly World War 3.  It is a complete mess, though and I have no idea of what the best solution would be.

• Like 2

S4 Elan, Elan +2S, Federal-spec, World Championship Edition S2 Esprit #42, S1 Elise, Excel SE

1 hour ago, JG220 said:

Ffs (and I apologise for swearing, even in acronyms) it isn’t 1945, it’s 2019. They are our partners, our neighbours, in some cases our families. 

I think you should be ashamed of yourself for even posting such tripe and think you should take the opportunity to go and edit/ take back your post. (I’ll edit mine in turn)

Else I think you should think about whether or not you share the right values for this board. 

I’m afraid this is the typical left wing liberal response that’s all too often trotted out.

our own democracy is in real danger of being subverted. The propaganda during WWII is mild in comparison to the current situation. 

I would suggest you look at the underlying issues by which certain groups are trying to undermine a massive democratic vote. Millions of hero’s died for our very right to democracy and home rule.

sit back and reflect

Only here once

As soon as Mrs May gave parliament the option of voting down a no-deal Brexit, she removed any incentive that the EU may have had to give any concessions. She knew what she was doing. Her ‘deal’ will get heavily defeated (again) - just as she expects - and they’ll then vote to reject no-deal followed by the vote to postpone from 29th March, which takes us inevitably to a second referendum.

I don’t think it’s incompetence, neither the government or parliament has ever wanted to leave.

I won’t march or burn cars in protest, or withhold my Council Tax, I’ll just cast my protest vote at the next general election.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, JG220 said:

Well said James this thread is getting way out of hand, with some extreme views, i dread to think what the European friends on this Forum think of us.

1 hour ago, C8RKH said:

We all appreciate free speech, but some people put there self opinionated views with dreadful bad manners that they think are funny and when someone disagrees with them use the get out of jail card it’s just a bit of humour, it’s worn a bit thin on your behalf now.

• Bibs changed the title to Brexit