free hit
counters
Corona Virus - Page 107 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wasn’t allowed to say anything until today, but it's now okay for me to share that I have volunteered for the Covid-19 vaccine trials that a local Hospital are running in partnership with Pfizer. It

Well it appears we may have it - just heard a Doctor describe the symptoms and it matches ours 100% - not quite a cold and not quite flu. Carina is suffering a lot more than me, but in reality for us

UK Virus ALERT   The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, level may be raised

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Uh rah! @Colin P Totally spot on.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

18 hours ago, ChrisJ said:

Very cut down repost - the original was 50 minutes long

yes, I saw it all, and somehow got wrong link, thanks for reposting proper one CHris

16 hours ago, Colin P said:

This is one part of your post that I’m afraid I don’t agree with. Unfortunately I think that we have proved time and time again that there are (significant) elements of society that seem to be completely incapable of independent thought. Or indeed any thought at all and will believe anything and everything that their followers/people they follow put on Twatter. 

I totally understand where you are coming from. However who should we appoint to make these judgements? IMHO the Government will only use it to further their own agenda, as will Google, Twitter et al. We have laws against hate speech, libel, slander and incitement to violence; beyond this we will simply have to endure the rubbish that many people post and let it wither on the vine.

Cheers, Richard

On 20/10/2020 at 21:25, Buddsy said:

I am genuinely shocked this has been removed!

A calm educated discussion and its removed for violating terms!

Not being able to question the mainstream narrative doesn't help anyone. Shutting down discussion makes me wonder why? Truth doesn't need defending. Arguments for and against are all valid.

Im guessing your daughter has given you insights which maybe opposed to my own thoughts but I for sure would like to hear them. I am a cynical bugger but am happy to concede if I know im in the wrong. Its how our society should work.

At the moment the vid is still up on bitchute.

https://www.bitchute.com/video/kZAHIhkF6GuQ/

Love you all.

buddsy

Buddsy, now I've seen the full video again (thanks for the link) I can't really comment on Fuellmich's claims about the way the PCR test was developed. My daughter says that they have a lot of 'false negatives' - i.e they are treating people with COVID symptoms that do not test positive. Similarly, as Fuellmich also says, there are 'false positives.' What we end up with is a test that isn't very reliable. It's a joke to call positive tests 'cases,' because in the early stages of the pandemic, 'cases' were people presenting with symptoms. These simply cannot be compared to the definition being used today, so those charts that show the curve of 'cases' now compared to earlier in the year are almost as misleading as the 'graph of doom' presented by Whitty and Vallance that said we'd have 50,000 cases (i.e. positive tests) per day by mid-October.

She tells me that patients do present with symptoms that are unique to COVID - the way serious 'flu patients, for example, present is quite different, so doctors can diagnose it positively. They can now treat it much more effectively so what used to be called the case/fatality ratio is significantly lower. Also, recent statistics show that nationally deaths from respiratory diseases are tracking historically normal levels, with COVID simply replacing many fatalities from 'flu and pneumonia.

If you haven't come across them, I'd recommend the 'Planet Normal' podcasts which critically analyse the government's responses to the Pandemic. They make you laugh as well.

Cheers, Richard

• Like 2
17 hours ago, rjwooll said:

They can now treat it much more effectively so what used to be called the case/fatality ratio is significantly lower. Also, recent statistics show that nationally deaths from respiratory diseases are tracking historically normal levels, with COVID simply replacing many fatalities from 'flu and pneumonia.

Thanks for your insight I find this very interesting. 

To me the number of cases is kind of irrelevant if the thing isn't fatal in the main. The number of people being hospitalized should be the thing being reported after all wasn't this lock down all about protecting the NHS?

Im not heartless and what ever it is I wouldn't  want people getting it if possible in the same way I wouldn't want people to get influenza or pneumonia. My sister in law gets pneumonia every year almost without fail. Shes overweight and a smoker. Most years she ends up in hospital for a few days. She has pneumonia now and is currently in hospital. I was most surprised when they actually went with the pneumonia diagnosis rather than Covid which I guessed they might do!

Government policy seems to all about number of cases but if most people are not hospitalized or become seriously ill whats the point of any of these measures? We had better start taking action against this runny nose pandemic this is running rife through my kids school!

buddsy

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

@Buddsy  re your sister's diagnosis, pneumonia isn't a single type of infection (bacterium, virus etc), it's akin to a diagnosis of a broken leg, in so much as it's the fluid in the lungs which will have a root cause of another infection or physical problem. 

1 hour ago, Buddsy said:

..To me the number of cases is kind of irrelevant if the thing isn't fatal in the main. The number of people being hospitalized should be the thing being reported after all wasn't this lock down all about protecting the NHS?

Government policy seems to all about number of cases but if most people are not hospitalized or become seriously ill whats the point of any of these measures? ,,,

The two are linked, in so much that to assess the threat to the NHS capacity, you need to know the  number of patients that will likely need treatment in hospital. To get to that you can wait and see, which time it's too late. The alternative is learn how to predict that number, and using the calculation get you there (well it's part of a more complex model that needs to know duration, extent of treatment etc):

number of infected people x  proportion of infected people that end up needing hospitalisation

To get the data for both parts of that calculation, you need to measure the number of people who are infected, so that's why it's important. As for why the news focus on infection rates and not on whether it leads to an indication that the NHS will be pushed too far, well, that's a different matter.

Another source of information that is not always covered by the mainstream media is https://lockdownsceptics.org/

As the name suggests, there is a sceptical agenda behind this site, but at least it they declare it and it is a thought through agenda! Interesting recent pieces about the apparent suppression of a study on the effectiveness of face masks by Danish scientists (not that I'm particularly bothered about wearing them when I need to) and an account of the different, much more humane approach currently being taken in Sweden.

Cheers, Richard

• Gold FFM

Well today I receive an email saying I don’t qualify for the £500 payment for having to self isolate as told by the nhs track and trace when my eldest Daisy tested positive for Covid.

Two weeks of self employment working lost - my mate dropped in the shit on a job - and me loosing out financially due to the whole issue.

Frankly - they can feck right off if they contact me again. The phone will be chucked in the bin. Yet again us self employed have been fucked over. Those on benefits get paid, those in work get paid - self employed get naff all. Yeah thanks.

• Like 1

Only here once

4 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

The phone will be chucked in the bin. 

I have one I keep at work and only turn it on to get codes from my online bank account when I set up a new payment. Other than that I dont turn it on.

Anyway my mate is a PHD Biomedical scientist and told me to watch this vid.

buddsy

• Like 1

"Belief is the enemy of knowing" - Crrow777

Rumoured to be full lockdown from Wednesday

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

• Gold FFM

Brilliant- bring the country to its knees once more - for what?

you would think we have an outbreak of Ebola - not something with a 99% survival rate

• Like 1

Only here once

It's mental isn't Barry. If a nationwide lockdown does occur and lasts until after the new year, I fear what shape the country will be in afterwards. 

• Like 1

Signature not working...

• Gold FFM

I was concerned back in feb - now I think it’s a full on piss take frankly. Hype, fear, scaremongering, drowning folks in debt, complete lack of help all while mandating what folks should do.

The government has got this massively wrong. None of the lockdown has worked - massive spikes - not huge death rates. It’s utterly out of kilter with sense.

if you are fat and vulnerable then you can chose to stay at home. Me - fuck it I’d rather crack on. We were locked down a few weeks ago as my eldest tested positive for it. Absolutely no precautions taken at home following this - we all ate together, played games, watched films together etc. No deaths to be reported - and none of us tested positive for covid either!! 

• Like 1

Only here once