free hit
counters
Corona Virus - Page 108 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I wasn’t allowed to say anything until today, but it's now okay for me to share that I have volunteered for the Covid-19 vaccine trials that a local Hospital are running in partnership with Pfizer. It

Well it appears we may have it - just heard a Doctor describe the symptoms and it matches ours 100% - not quite a cold and not quite flu. Carina is suffering a lot more than me, but in reality for us

UK Virus ALERT   The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, level may be raised

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

enough is enough. We need a fight back. We should be banning all Chinese imports now with immediate effect and ramp up manufacturing in this country 

Exactly that👍
If these figures are true (which I doubt very much) then China are now set up to profit from the virus that they allowed to be spread around Europe and the States by allowing their people to travel the world during Dec 19 through to Feb 20.

A virus which is now crippling the economies of western nations is probably being hailed as a success by Chinese leaders.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/country/china/

• Like 2
  • Gold FFM

They can’t stop folks in blow up dinghies crossing the channel - you’ve got no chance stopping anything else

Only here once

The press keeps reporting on “mounting pressure” for a lockdown .. each article quoting The Times .. a giant echo chamber

I hope the public ignores the lockdown, if it does happen 

• Like 2
16 hours ago, Mysterae said:

@pete the whole country? 

Definitley. Boris news conference today,was at 4.00 now 5.00

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

My fear is that this will be the pattern for the foreseeable. Lockdown followed by some freedom followed by another lockdown... All the while it creates yet another gap in supply chains and when businesses do eventually reopen it’s almost impossible to get materials etc. Already our builders can’t even get enough timber!

What grates on me most is that 2 people can’t see their families, go out for a meal or to a shop with a mask on because classes of 30+ kids are still rubbing up against each other every day then going home to spread the virus freely. The majority of the population are being confined to their homes to offset the effects being created there.

I think ultimately people will simply rebel against the lockdowns if they see that (a) it’s not being applied equally and (b) it’s not working long term anyway.

That’s aside of course from the financial impacts on individuals and the number of small businesses that simply won’t be able to survive.

• Like 2

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

Question please Mr PM, will I be able to share a dingy with someone outside of my household, or shall I just form a bubble?

• Haha 1

Dave.

No just asking on behalf of Iran....

• Like 1

Dave.

On 30/10/2020 at 23:54, Barrykearley said:

Brilliant- bring the country to its knees once more - for what?

you would think we have an outbreak of Ebola - not something with a 99% survival rate

According to the WHO, a 99.7% survival rate.

18 hours ago, LotusLeftLotusRight said:

If everyone In the world stayed at home for 1 month, would it wipe out the virus globally?

No. Lockdowns only slow the spread of the virus, they don’t wipe it out. The virus is now endemic - we simply have to live with it. Viruses that become endemic tend to become less virulent over time.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM
2 hours ago, rjwooll said:

According to the WHO, a 99.7% survival rate

And right there is the issue. Why is the response from the government so extreme. In fact why are responses from nearly all governments so extreme?

None of this makes sense - it’s the biggest con trick of the 21st century.

however - people are conforming - governments are sneaking draconian laws through. Liberties are being eroded. 

This is whats pissing me off most currently, maybe it’s PTSD from surviving a close CV19 exposure. In my forced 2 weeks off work - the covid nhs calls told me to apply for the £500 isolation payment. Nope refused - so two weeks work and cash lost. My neighbour - a couple with many kids - none of whom work - benefits cap of £2k a month. Now if they have to isolate - they get £500 each. Yep - no benefits affected - but a free £1000 for them. Anyone still wondering why the huge swathes of unemployment areas are testing so highly.

• Like 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Some would say you are in fact becoming more of a banker with age 🤣

• Haha 1

Only here once

A very good interview with Dr Mike Yeadon:

Last night this was ‘greyed out’ as fake news. Back online now thank goodness.

Richard

• Like 1

Nobody wants a other lockdown, but the latest data is showing the NHS will be overrun before the end of November what is so hard to understand about that? and comments on here saying people should ignore the lockdown is beyond belief it is not them who would have to choose who lives or dies if we do nothing and NHS is overwhelmed.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

For the last several decades - no matter what - the nhs has always stated they are overrun and don’t have enough beds. 

The government are providing very limited light touch “support” for huge swathes of folks - whom are now in a position of fight or flight. They have been backed into a corner. Don’t be surprised when they refuse to comply with a request which could ruin them and leave them in debt for years. 

• Like 1

Only here once

Here is a genuine question. We are being told that if nothing is done up to 4000 deaths a day could ensue. But we are doing something, various regional lockdowns are in place. So is the 4000 a day taking into account current restrictions or is it with no restrictions?

As a note Devon has had 0 deaths in the past 7 days, the local Nightingale hospital has never opened for Covid patients and why the f£££ are Liverpool (Tier 3 lockdown)students queuing outside of costume hire shops for their Halloween costumes so they can go to their illicit Halloween parties (BBC News).

@marchI think the honest answer would be that no one knows!

The media keep on reeling out professor after professor, all who have different views. They might only be a professor of cardboard boxes but they are a professor so, according to the media, know everything. 🙄

As for the shop hiring Halloween costumes, essential goods I suppose 🤔🤔🤔. Why didn’t they get closed down?

• Gold FFM
35 minutes ago, scotty435 said:

Nobody wants a other lockdown, but the latest data is showing the NHS will be overrun before the end of November what is so hard to understand about that? and comments on here saying people should ignore the lockdown is beyond belief it is not them who would have to choose who lives or dies if we do nothing and NHS is overwhelmed.

I agree nobody wants another lockdown. However, we do seem to be being railroaded into one. Yes, there is a spike in the number of confirmed (if the tests are to be believed) cases however there is not a corresponding spike in admissions to ICU or people on ventilators and indeed, as mentioned above, the Nightingale response hospitals are not currently needed. Given this, if we put aside the mass hysteria being ramped up by the press, where is the actual justification for a full national lockdown? I am sorry, but blindly pedalling "they say we need one so we need one" is not the right way forward. I think people should question the decisions that are being made.  Again, as mentioned earlier, there is a 99.7% RECOVERY RATE currently for people confirmed with COVID so again, where is the justification in that to put nigh on 60m people in Lockdown?  Again, we should be questioning the decision making here and balancing, as we always have to do, the risks with the impacts.

I've played by the rules since March. Fully compliant. But in that time I have seen wankers, tossers, and the like flagrantly breaking the rules, whether they be entitled middle class fcukwits with their campervans/caravans/2nd homes who think the rules for everyone else do not apply to them, or youngsters who believe "it is our right to party and we should not be stopped from partying".  Maybe if these swamp donkeys had actually "followed" the rules, and not just selfishly thought of themselves, we would not be in this position now? And I absolutely guarantee that lockdown or not, these same fcuktards will continue to behave in the same way.

I don't have the answers, but I am absolutely bloody delighted that I am not in Government and having to make sense of all of this.  Remember the furore over the summer about people not being able to go to Spain on their package holidays and the self centred middle class twits who were whinging they couldn't go to their 2nd homes in France etc?  What was the problem? Their Covid rates were lower than ours? Cry, cry, whinge whinge. Well look what has happened over there and how they have been ravaged by the Covid most probably imported by fuckwit British people who "just had to have their holiday or they would die" - well the stark reality is that people over there will die as a result of your bloody selfishness!

I think the horse has bolted re a second lockdown. The damage has already been done and a lot of that damage was done by selfish fcuktards who put themselves first and who were egged on by a rabid press that was desperate, as it always seems to be in this country, to drive us to sink to ever lower levels of intelligence and self obsessed fcukwittery.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

1 hour ago, rjwooll said:

A very good interview with Dr Mike Yeadon:

Last night this was ‘greyed out’ as fake news. Back online now thank goodness.

Richard

Assuming that the monthly total death rate figures are not elevated as he says, this seems like a pretty sensible, believable view from someone who should understand this stuff.

Lots of ‘normal’ deaths, plus those as a result of restricted access to NHS care for cancers etc over the last few months could well be labelled as Covid deaths given the sheer volume of testing and the (apparently) significant % of false positives the PCR test can generate.

Only question is why the government and their experts wouldn’t take that view and return things to normal given the huge financial impacts of continuing to believe that something is out there...

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺