free hit
counters
Corona Virus - Page 16 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well it appears we may have it - just heard a Doctor describe the symptoms and it matches ours 100% - not quite a cold and not quite flu. Carina is suffering a lot more than me, but in reality for us

UK Virus ALERT   The English are feeling the pinch in relation to recent virus threat and have therefore raised their threat level from “Miffed” to “Peeved.” Soon, though, level may be raised

I don’t even find it boring to stay inside all day ...but I don’t understand why in one box of rice krispies there are 2453 pieces, and in the other one 2467!

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

I'm working from home, getting loads done through not spending hours each week travelling. Really don't know what people are panicking for but then hey ho, what do I know. Will just keep going until told to stop.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

As of today I'm officially working from home for the foreseeable. I'll save a fortune on diesel and get an extra hour in bed. Plus the added benefit of not spending my day in an open plan office with 1500 people I don't know/like.

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

After watching the news tonight, it was either go and Chuck myself off Beachy Head ( which is a tall chalky cliff with a light house at the bottom with lots of rocks and a beach but you can't get to it unless you jump off the cliff) or go to the pub.. Ghost Ship was just the right temperature 🍺

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Sparky said:

Is she a hooker?

😁

hindsight: the science that is never wrong

Yes, I too have considered tossing myself off.

• Haha 2

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

3 hours ago, DDubya said:

Sorry to hear Andy, puts things into perspective☹️

Actually, I'm more concerned for others. Dad passed at a time when every need was met, the nursing staff were fully able to ensure his was free of pain, comfortable etc, those in potentially-end-of-life situations over the coming weeks may not have the same care through no fault of the nursing staff etc.  Mum seems to be taking the news well that the wake or even service etc may not be possible,  but that service etc is something we've been expecting for the last few months as his health deteriorated. People have and will loose loved ones far sooner than they had ever imagined, they get all of my sympathy.

• Like 1

I’m the same Andy. My dad passed away in August last year. Comfortable etc. To lose him now if he was still alive would not be nice. 

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

11 hours ago, andydclements said:

For me only one event that might be canceled (or the event may go ahead but attendance by everybody else cancelled), Dad's cremation and wake.

Most of the guests would be in high risk groups (mainly age, but a few due to other health conditions). If it hadn't been for him specifying which crematoria , undertakers and vicar, it might have been done by now (passed in Feb) but as things are it's into April.

Sorry for your loss ☹️

• Sad 1

All the car makers have shut. We have no supply. But then we don't have anyone coming into the country to rent a car anyway so we don't need them!

@andydclements so sorry to hear of your loss mate. Met your dad a few times, mainly "he's in the shed/garage"...or "He's hurt his back and is in bed"...... Condolences to your family. 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

13 hours ago, Sparky said:

Yes, I too have considered tossing myself off.

Well practiced 😁

Out for a Blat or on the Allotment

Gonna be a lonely few months...

British Ambassador to Florida, New York, Denmark and Newfoundland.  And Sweden.

That’s 1 today, 1 Friday and 2 Saturday cancelled for me then. Started today with 9 hours of bookings, continuing but now down to 3.5 hours.

Must be in the same situation as millions but just starting to feel uncomfortable as the bite tightens. Looking on the bright side, touch wood fit and well, but running out of hand sanitizer to wipe wheel, gearstick, handbrake, switches and door handles and can’t find any anywhere.

FD53F912-6AF7-42C2-8938-2003BB05BD6D.jpeg

Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk - that will teach us to keep mouth shut!

Oh No! I can't make a cake with pre packaged cake mix!

image.png

But no need to panic, one thing they aren't panic buying is Wine! Which is really stupid of people because..... Where's it made? And no flights coming in, no production in their home countries....it's gonna be in more short supply than Bog roll!

Image may contain: Anthony Michael

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

Guest Mags4dorset

agree there is lot of things being said on this topic, so it is important that we don't spread rumors and share authentic information or information should be shared via trusted sources to avoid panic situation among ourselves.  Lot of people are getting cured and it's time for us to flatten the curve and stay positive. Cheers ! 

Local News Publishers Dorset

Edited by Mags4dorset

^ Link removed and flagged as a spammer. 

Seriously? I'm not sure a pandemic is the best time to try to increase your business SEO! :blink:

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT.